Getting Into A Fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I know this sounds stupid but I want to know if I can hold my own in a fight. I've never been in one before, and I was wondering if someone knew the best way to get into one outside of school. And without getting into trouble with the cops of course.

come on man... really?

i have been in 1 fight in my life (besides with my brothers) and other than that i may have had to slam a kid or 2 into a locker, but im a very peaceful person.

your best bet is to avoid a fight... you arent a pussy if you back down, you are smart.

in the case that you are forced to fight, do something to take them down then walk/run away... its not the movies where its a boxing match... a couple punches and its either broken up, or rolling on the ground. and you never know if you the other guy is going to fight fair or if you do when he may be back with all his buddies... better off night fighting.

edit: get some of your friends together and get boxing gloves... we use to have boxing matches in the front yard... its a good way to release some anger and stress and no one gets mad, and its cheaper than joining a boxing gym.

I just need to know in case I have to. I don't want to go into a serious fight with no experience. And it won't get broken up if it is set up ahead of time. Plus my friend said he would back me up if he needed to.

like i said boxing match... if you fight at school, its going to get broken up and you are going to get in trouble...

Truly, you should know how well you can hold up against a fight. It's all about determination, and how hard you strive to hold up. But for the record, you shouldn't fight period. Unnecessary actions is... well unnecessary. Now if you have a local gym that may have boxing matches, you can probably pair up there and have a sparring match. Other than that, I suggest you just not do it.

Remember: Safety first.

I'm not that concerned about my safety. It couldn't be that bad. And I don't plan on fighting at school. Just maybe challenging them to a place after school. I think I am the toughest mutha out there, but I won't know until I get into a fight...

Well, i can speak from experience and i'm sure vexona can to. The only fight you should be in is one that you can "control the outcome" ( I know its from a movie but its true). In other words, a fight that has rules and regulations. And if you want to learn how to hold your own the best advice i could give you is join a gym. There are many different types from boxing, karate, and my personal favorite, my gym Gracie South. A full MMA gym that offers muay thai, jiu jitsu (gi and no gi) and mma techniques would best prepare you for anything, but be prepared to be broken in. In other words if you have an ego or want to fight for the wrong reason, you will recieve a rude awakening. Search for a local gym or camp in your area.

well it depends i weigh like 110 and wrestling i can deck someone 180(at least one out of three :p ) but if your not wrestling then it depends on who is stronger or has more experience, but if your against someone bigger then wait for them to throw themsleves at you and offbalance themselves then just take them down and from there you can pin them or beat the $#!T out of em

DYSTORTED INC said:
Well, i can speak from experience and i'm sure vexona can to. The only fight you should be in is one that you can "control the outcome" ( I know its from a movie but its true). In other words, a fight that has rules and regulations. And if you want to learn how to hold your own the best advice i could give you is join a gym. There are many different types from boxing, karate, and my personal favorite, my gym Gracie South. A full MMA gym that offers muay thai, jiu jitsu (gi and no gi) and mma techniques would best prepare you for anything, but be prepared to be broken in. In other words if you have an ego or want to fight for the wrong reason, you will recieve a rude awakening. Search for a local gym or camp in your area.

Hmm I might see about doing that. And I don't want to go around fighting people. I just want to be able to stand up for myself physically if I have to. There are some guys at my school who just deserve to get their a$$es handed to them. Also, I'm a pretty big guy. 6 foot 2 and athletic looking. I doubt that anyone would mess with me, but if they mess with my friends or someone who can't stick up for themselves, I want to be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
DYSTORTED INC said:
Thats noble of you.

I suppose. I kinda feel like I have to, since back when I was fat and people made fun of me I was too afraid to say anything. Now I don't want anyone to have to go through that. Kinda like how I want to become a teacher because of all the crummy teachers I've had over the years. I want to make it fun to learn.

The best advice I can give you is not fight but otherwise, take a kick boxing course they'll teach you how to fight fair and in the case you need too how to take out some one that isn't fighting fair. The bonuses of this are that it's safe (their gonna teach you how to fight and not kill some one by avoiding areas like the temple), it's legal, and in a school fight you are only gonna have like 2 or 3 hits and if you take a professional course they'll teach you how to make em count without sending him to the hospital.

Do not fight in school or elsewhere unless you have too, If you pick a fight or antagonize someone to fight you you can get in trouble with the law. Only fight if they threw the fist punch and only fight in self defense. Your only 15 if you do something that gets you in deep trouble with the law it will stay with you for life and employers 30 yeas from now will see take that into consideration. [Only fight back enough to be able to get away from the situation.

dude...join and mma gym around your town......but you should never cause trouble around school...because some people are crazy now a days....ohh and dont tell peolpe your in it if you join because theyll as you to fight....trust me they will

You dont want to fight. It never end good. Take me for exemple I got over 10 years of martial art training. I know how to fight. But only because of that people always want to fight with me. But the best advise I can give you is do not go in a fight for nothing, believe in your self, be able to analyze the situation and always try to stay focus.

Pat

i can understand how you feel but if your athletic and smart you should be fine and really fights dont usually solve much...but i understand that some people just need to get a solid beating....

DO NOT pick a fight, even if you don't throw the first swing you can (and most likely will) get into trouble. You can get suspended for fighting,even outside of school and it will go on your record. Plus your likely to get your brains busted open. Its not just you either, its everyone. Theres always a chance that your opponent is better than you and you must always assume that and avoid a fight by all means possible. Even if you're itching to break that persons face, be civil.

If you need a stress/anger reliever then get a punching bag and join a martial arts class. Karate really helped me a lot, not just with physical fitness,but it helped my confidence signifigantly, and my anger and stress were reduced significantly. Plus, I know if I have to I could hold my own and light contact sparring is very good practice. I really enjoyed it,but you never know everyone's different. Oh, and if you do join a gym/ or class don't brag. I've had my fair share of "come on fight me karate kid" and the like. Its really annoying,but I have to ignore it.

What else was there....oh yeah.

Be very careful, if you're ever forced into a fight. These days, every time I turn around some teenager's got a knife in his pocket or he's packing firepower. If you're not careful, you'll get yourself killed, even if you didn't pick the fight to begin with. Just remember the 30 second rule. You have thirty seconds to take out your opponent or get out of there. Finish it in thirty seconds or less, or your dead.

I don't know what else to say, except that I hope you've changed your mind. Besides, picking fights is not the kind of thing a 405th community member should do. :)

I'm a person who enjoys the sport of fighting, BUT I would never advise instigating for the sake of it...especially out in public =\.

Now that being said, I know intimately what it's like to want to fight and to see where you stand. I'm (admittedly) hot-headed irish stock and I feel best just after I've done a session of ground and pound or put someone in an arm bar.

Fighting for protection, confidence, strength...these are great goals, and a natural outlet. I second the thought of training with friends or a gym. I think a lot of people have 'fight' in them (a natural drive, aggressiveness)...and having that desire can fuel some positive training and mental discipline.

An MMA gym will teach you:
-footwork, head, and body movement
-effective striking tecniques: elbows, knees, straight punches, hooks, overhands, uppercuts, kicks, stomps, and so on...
-clinch work: controlling someone's body weight to issue powerful strikes or to get them to the ground
-ground striking: maximizing the mount, back and side positions
-jujitsu: guards, passing guards, defending passes and submissions, submitting via arm bars, triangles, kimuras, knee bars, guillotine choke, rear naked choke, and many more
-misc: confidence, conditioning, endurance, explosive power, breathing techniques, vs 1 or multiple opponents

If you're interested in training for good aims, I'll be happy to share more or help you gauge a gym locally.

Go get a couple pairs of cheap boxing gloves, get together with friends, MAKE SURE IT'S CONSENSUAL (OK with everybody)! Then duke it out. That's the best way to not get in trouble with the Cops (keyword CONSENSUAL), see how you can hold your own, and have some fun in the meantime. Make sure you have a ref, though. Don't want things to get out of hand. Even friends can get a little angry with you....especially if you always win.

That's what I did all through high school with my buddies. Just be careful....I broke my best friends nose, once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back