Give thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ TIL THE END. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

It's November, the month where Thanksgiving looms over many turkeys who wait for their impending doom.

I realize it's not turkey day yet, but this is important. please read the rest.

Where do I begin with this...

------

This site has consumed many of my hours, most of my dollars from my wallet, and put many holes in my fingers. I have no drill press, don't judge.

This community is probably one of the best I've been part of, even better than the halo (and other) gamers! At least we're all friendly, and don't trash talk each other's hard work... right?

This group thrives on generosity and share the fruits of our labor with the friends across the world, for little or no pay. 99% of all things that came to be has come from hard work, with no return, or hell... even no recognition sometimes!

This place has gave me a hobby that I am proud of, possibly a future that can support a family, despite all the hate from the cruel world... and made me happy in my little garage.

My little garage you ask?
I'm a 16 year old kid who has nothing better to do but build things and make most of my depressed life. My parents can give one less **** about my holes in my fingers and the empty bottle of resin. My friends sometimes joke that I'm probably cooking up meth in my "shop" which is also a storage room... which is 50 years old... crawling with spiders and old sandpaper.

I try too you know. Live life to the fullest right?
Enough of myself.

--------

I give back to the community which has given me so much, with my "insignificant" Halo 4 organizer list, and try my best to shower those who give with thanks.

I hope this post actually gives justice to my thoughts of gratitude, by the way. I love those of you modelers, and I love those mods who brought the site back from the dead. I love you like family.... no homo.

-

Seriously, some of you just don't get it. This site THRIVES on donations. I kid some of you not, 99.9% of this... wouldn't exist without those modelers, unfolders, and programmers.

Those modelers... I've tried modeling myself, and still am. I have a stalker helmet on my desktop half built. It's HELL... well, at least for me. I'm just not good at modeling... yet :p

Look at MS7's 4shared database. It's in the noob forums, under a PSA sticky. If you don't know what that thing is, shame.

Anyway, go to Halo 3 and Halo Reach sections, and look around for me. All models of the game are complete, and look great. Imagine how much time had gone into those. Seriously guys, if you want to know just how hard it is making these pixels come together for no promised pay, try for yourself.

What I'm trying to say is, give thanks. It's never too late to say so, let alone feel genuine gratitude. We don't need a holiday as an excuse to think about those who helped out, all days of the year is Thanksgiving guys... at least for me.

-

Maybe I'm getting to emotional with this, after all, this is a non-profit hobby group. We don't make nuclear reactors, we don't race cars, or make money for all of this. This small group shouldn't be this big in my life i guess.

Thing is, I'm just so happy to be here and hope to finish something, and make it better than the horrible odst suit I produced. We shall never speak of that again lol

-

If you've made it this far reading my boring-ass rant. I curse because it probably has really bored somebody, and I must emphasize my apologies.

I just wanted to express myself, and encourage some of you around me to at least give a finger stroke of thanks.

Thanks to the modelers...

Thanks to the unfolders...

Thanks to the admins...

Thanks to the new recruitys...

Thanks to 3M who makes my fiberglass...

Thanks to Google for leading me here one faithful day...

Thanks to Tamasoft for creating Pepakura, and the team who created Blender open to the world.

Thanks to my parents for putting a roof over my head, and letting me contaminate the garage.

Thanks to you... for reading.

Now that you have a hint on what needs to be done, do this kid a favor and go say thanks. shoot a PM, comment thx, do something.

If that isn't enough for you (like with me), go and be a part of those that give. Make some models, write some tips, give back.

When I get the time, I'll continue to pay back what I owe. I'll finish that noob guide I promiced, I'll get to my Recon build for those who have asked, I'll try to publish that Stalker helmet.

I'll try.

For now, time to go look up how to rip files from Halo 4.

Peace... only if you want it. (Pat Condell)

Comment below with your thoughts, and shoutouts. Some people just need the extra push, so give it to them.

Some modelers that come to my mind...

credit due:
Monkeyfuj

Brokenvisr

Belakor

nintendude

Cr4zyDav0

Crimmson

L3X BLU3R1V3R

JTM1997

Spartansonny

Toja

Rainbow Dash

Adam, for the youtube tutorials

Katsu

Bevbor

Zero Prime

Carpathiviavh99

A1TD

Jico

Rhinoc

Brandon McClain

Zero2o2

Forgedreclaimer

Nightshade

Satchmo III

Statyk

And those who I have missed, I am deeply sorry. Speak up if you're part of the creators' club.

I'd really wanna give a huge thanks to the guys that stick around in the Noob forum and answer questions.
It's easy to disappear from there once you achieve Infantryman status, and stick around the guys that (somewhat) know what they're doing, but there are a few that remain in the noob forum, answering questions all day long and helping others to achieve the goals they work toward. The same questions are asked daily, the same problems brought up on the hour, and yet there are people here to help, advise, and support through the fray. I thank all of those people, and hope to do the same myself!

Although I have no money to upgrade my pc setup or even get started building my own armor I definitely give thanks to Adam Grumbo on youtube. It was him who brought me here and one day hopefully soon Ill have built my armor and see you guys at a con. I also give thanks to the fact that I have what little things that I do and that I'm able to be a part of the massive halo universe such as this forum. Some people, IE. the Philippines right now some people don't even have houses. I'm thankful I'm not in the position.
Finally thanks should be given to the people on this forum why gladly give out help and give out their own knowledge and skills on building instead of spending the time doing other things or keeping the knowledge for themselves.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Let's feast on the many things... we can feast on...

I didn't know how to phrase that...

Anyway go give a hug to everyone you know

I'm Australian, we obviously don't celebrate thanksgiving...
But I'm thankful for Earth not getting hit by an extinction level asteroid, and probably KingRahl for his help with the 3D printing models.

:D

We don't have Thanksgiving in NZ. But...
Thanks to all those who put in requests for Pep Files! And those who then use those files.
And thanks to the the Sun, for letting us have that little ESA fail about the ISON comet.

And thanks to the the Sun, for letting us have that little ESA fail about the ISON comet.

yeah big thanks on that, plus if I have to say this thanks to the men and woman that can't be here that helped us reach our prime and then disappeared so thanks for the help unknown troopers.

yeah big thanks on that, plus if I have to say this thanks to the men and woman that can't be here that helped us reach our prime and then disappeared so thanks for the help unknown troopers.

Speaking of unknown troopers, I just want to send a shout out of thanks to our men and women in the armed services. I know there's quite a few you guys on the forums that have served or are serving; and I can not find a good enough way to express all my gratitude for what you have done. If you are deployed and are reading this, stay safe this holiday season. I know it's already over, but Happy Thanksgiving 405th, thanks for introducing me to one of the greatest hobbies ever.

*raises a glass of eggnog in toast*

Many thanks and much gratitude to everyone here in the 405th, from the modelers, unfolders, and forum administrators who keep things running, to the newcomers and answer-seekers who remind us all why we're here, rekindle the fires, and who pose the questions and concepts that lead to innovative new techniques being discovered.

From me to you, each and every person here in the 405th, thank you all for quite possibly the greatest community I've ever had the privilege of being a part of. Gamers, hobbyists, engineers, designers, crafters, builders, people from all walks of life gathered together under the banner of the 405th.

I know that I'm a little late on here but I would like to thank all of the great people that answered all of my noob questions and welcomed me with open arms when I started building. I haven't been around lately and its really sad but THANKS guys and gals for all of the support. A HUGE thanks and shout out to "spartansonny" for befriending me and helping me learn the most that I can from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back