Gloves?! Gloves.

So definitely forgot to follow up on this. My bad!
Glove tests are on the backburner for now, but I did get some valuable insight for the next glove test!

I tried out using Flex seal on the TPU, and it was an absolute success! Bonded very well, and even with one wall thickness, I can tell the strength is significantly improved without sacrificing flexibility. The texture of the spray (will attach photo later) isn't super smooth, but I almost liken it to the appearance of the OG Halo Reach undersuit, which is a win in my book.

Next step will be to print the glove file with 1 wall and 0 infil (insane, I know), and spray that with the flex seal to see if it holds up!

As you can tell, I'm juggling like five different glove/undersuit ideas right now. All of them have some level of validity in my eyes, but the goal of this is to nail down a cheap and easy way to elevate the glove game. If ya'll have any other suggestions that I haven't thought of yet, let me know and I will absolutely try them out!

So definitely forgot to follow up on this. My bad!
Glove tests are on the backburner for now, but I did get some valuable insight for the next glove test!

I tried out using Flex seal on the TPU, and it was an absolute success! Bonded very well, and even with one wall thickness, I can tell the strength is significantly improved without sacrificing flexibility. The texture of the spray (will attach photo later) isn't super smooth, but I almost liken it to the appearance of the OG Halo Reach undersuit, which is a win in my book.

Next step will be to print the glove file with 1 wall and 0 infil (insane, I know), and spray that with the flex seal to see if it holds up!

As you can tell, I'm juggling like five different glove/undersuit ideas right now. All of them have some level of validity in my eyes, but the goal of this is to nail down a cheap and easy way to elevate the glove game. If ya'll have any other suggestions that I haven't thought of yet, let me know and I will absolutely try them out!
I like how you just toss it at the wall to see if it sticks love it I can't wait to see the photos. I'm with you if it is smooth and shiny not my thing but if it looks like it's built to last I'm all for it

I have a x1c and i printed my neck piece using flexible pla. It worked great. I shared my settings here in the comments: Reddit - Dive into anything

You use them and youll get great results.

I love your glove project! I need to figure out how to do a bit more of the undersuit myself. I was hoping to figure out how to just spray flex seal on a mold or something and peel it away but that is just crazy talk! Marinesniper to me is the authority in undersuits.

Seeing the OG 343 master chief undersuit(right) when compared to what i have made me (left) want to spend a bit more on refining mine.
IMG_0383 copy-gigapixel-very_compressed-scale-2_00x_Original.jpeg

I have a x1c and i printed my neck piece using flexible pla. It worked great. I shared my settings here in the comments: Reddit - Dive into anything

You use them and youll get great results.

I love your glove project! I need to figure out how to do a bit more of the undersuit myself. I was hoping to figure out how to just spray flex seal on a mold or something and peel it away but that is just crazy talk! Marinesniper to me is the authority in undersuits.

Seeing the OG 343 master chief undersuit(right) when compared to what i have made me (left) want to spend a bit more on refining mine.
View attachment 337393
Wait here are the instructions i made. Check the comments: Reddit - Dive into anything

Wow . I tried it once by myself with flexible PLA. I decided to move forward to use normal gloves. Im watching your progress with interest!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back