Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmJackal09

Lately i have been having some trouble with my pep work and i think it has been because of the glue im using. Im currently using a type of semi-liquid glue stick called "Hercules Glue". It's pretty good but its messy and if you mess up you're screwed. I was wondering what you guys(People with a lot more pep experience than me) have been using for glue.

I just use elmer's glue, the kind for crafts, it works well, and dries at a moderate speed, so if you do screw up, just reposition. :)

I've been working with the Gap filling CA you can pick up from most hobby shops. the drying time is 5-15 seconds once the two pieces have been touched together and it dries solid. I use this on all my models and I love it. It runs about 8 bucks for a 2 oz bottle, but that 2oz bottle will last you an entire suit.

i moved up from glue sticks to hot glue. my first hotglue attempt SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but after some practice with it and remaking a few pieces... i am getting good with it. with practice u would get good with it to. and its cheap. 6 bucks = 100 sticks + the glue gun at walmart. i liked my dollar tree glue gun mopre tho. it took longer to get to temp but once it did i was able to squeeze stick after stick with it. the walmart one u can only do like half a stick at a time. and the guns im talking about are mini's. and the glue i bought was 25 free sticks. i bought 2 packs and a glue gun was like 12 bucks total... 250 sticks and a gun.

i use a lot of different stuff, i have used Elmers glue, super glue, super glue, hot glue, and tacky glue and all of them work fine for me, currently i am using elmers and it is workig fine :)

I use a mix between elmers glue(because its a wood glue.) and for parts i need to stay together while i work quick i use hot glue on a low setting...

I dont have alot of experience, and Im far from being an expert, but I have been using Elmers white Multi-Purpose glue. Works great for me. Hold your pieces together for afew seconds, and your set. Its also forgiving enough to allow you to reposition pieces if you pull them apart right away. Good luck with your build.

Anything solvent-based glue can be good, if you can get your hands on it. I personally use UHU All-Purpose, and they do a solvent-free version too.

Tacky Glue, it sets rather quick and is easy to take parts apart if needed.
IMG_3898.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3898.jpg
    IMG_3898.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 84
On my first suit and using low temp hot glue. I like it being new at this, it's easy to take a glue joint apart just by using the tip of the gun to heat the joint. Does the tacky glue hold up to resin? Seems to me that tacky glue never really dries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back