Goods Dogs Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goods dogs

ok so it took awhile to make it from pepakura i used the files from this website

i think that i mite of had the helm scaled too large but we will see..

heres acouple of pics of the helm while i fiberglassed it. advise is welcomed....

i used balsa wood to how the helm in the right place and sewing thread also to keep the helm in place. intill it was dry.

Gearsofhalo said:
pics have been put up incorrectly try uploading them to photobucket, and then link them to the ;)

thanks for the info. i was wondering how people did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good!, but it looks like there a slight bit of warpage around the ears ,still looking good though

I can see a bit of warpage, but one thing that I MUST point out.......you are normally supposed to fiberglass the INSIDE of the helmet. NOT the outside! D: You are going to have a more difficult time when it comes to adding bondo and sanding it since fiberglass is not exactly easy to sand.

Also, to help keep it from warping, it's usually a good thing to pep the visor that is included and add that to the helmet to help keep its shape. That would have kept you from having to add the sewing thread and wood pieces in the visor part.

HaloGoddess said:
I can see a bit of warpage, but one thing that I MUST point out.......you are normally supposed to fiberglass the INSIDE of the helmet. NOT the outside! D: You are going to have a more difficult time when it comes to adding bondo and sanding it since fiberglass is not exactly easy to sand.

Also, to help keep it from warping, it's usually a good thing to pep the visor that is included and add that to the helmet to help keep its shape. That would have kept you from having to add the sewing thread and wood pieces in the visor part.

Come on man it is the Noob Forum people learn. Okay I highly advise you to restart your pepakura because I think you didn't do enough reading or your research. Restart it and only fiberglass the inside like everyoneelse says. Or else your arm is going to hate you from all that sanding and you didn't make too much change on the helmet. Plus its a good thing to fiberglass the inside. One you save fiberglass and 2. Your arm will not die. I would love to see you finish this build. This is the WETA version?

DeathOfBlades said:
Come on man it is the Noob Forum people learn. Okay I highly advise you to restart your pepakura because I think you didn't do enough reading or your research. Restart it and only fiberglass the inside like everyoneelse says. Or else your arm is going to hate you from all that sanding and you didn't make too much change on the helmet. Plus its a good thing to fiberglass the inside. One you save fiberglass and 2. Your arm will not die. I would love to see you finish this build. This is the WETA version?

its the halo 3 odst helm not halo 3:$dst the rookie helm if thats what you mean by WETA version

and yeah i mite restart and try the rookie helm but ill see where this one goes

not a bad start and welcome aboard. i have to say when i say the title of your thread i thought it was odst armor for a good dog at first lol. which would be epic if you ever feel like trying btw

Looks good for a first try. I'm trying to have my suit done for megacon as well, if you have any Q's feel free to pm me.

goods dogs said:
its the halo 3 odst helm not halo 3:$dst the rookie helm if thats what you mean by WETA version

and yeah i mite restart and try the rookie helm but ill see where this one goes

no... there are three different styles i guess you could say

Halo 3 - The helmet from the Halo 3 game

Rookie (and the Dutch file too I guess...) - From Halo 3: ODST

WETA - The helmets from the live action stuff, WETA is the company

ok i bondoed the helm today and heres some pictures of it. one from before i started shaping the bondo and acouple after tell me what you think....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back