graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally in laptops everything is so crammed into one tiny space that there isn't really any room for cards. Everything is integrated, except for the hard drive and RAM. That includes the graphics. The graphics "card" in a laptop is actually a chip that is soldered directly on the motherboard and can't be replaced. The most you can do is update your drivers.

In the case that your laptop does have a graphics card, they are usually quite expensive and a pain to install. It involves taking the whole laptop apart and putting it back together. Just thought you'd know.

ok but my mum bought a ATI Raedeon graphhics card to install in it but best buy said they couldn't so we returned it . ?

kerotan 36 said:
so what drvers do you recomend?

depends waht make your card is if its a nVidia, check thir site, if its ATi, check with them ect.

(just google somthing like "ATi Drivers") P.s Replace ATI with your make

Last edited by a moderator:
kerotan 36 said:
Is there any way I can upgrade my graphics card in my HP Pavillion laptop?
No.

Laptops use built in graphics cards, you cant just solder it out and put a new one in, you'd kill your machine, plus, they dont sell laptop graphics cards.

You need to buy a new laptop for a new graphics card, but if it says integrated graphics, expect crappy graphics.

kerotan 36 said:
Well it says I have a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver. Is it any good?

That is like asking if a paper mache suit is good for real combat.

All that thing does is provide you with your basic graphic needs such as 2d and 3d support and 2.0 pixel shaders. It doesn't even have T&L support. But hey, you have a laptop. That's a lot more than I have (No laptop at all).

First, I wasn't really trying to insult you, honestly. I was trying to compare it to something we all know about. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

Second, your welcome lol

Third, I know quite a bit about graphics. I built my computer and repair it and a few others quite often. Once, I'm out of high school I plan to take a course on PC repair. Helping people with stuff like this helps me a lot.

If you have any more questions, you can just PM me with anything and I'll see if I can help you.

1. laptop graphics cards plain suck unless you pay 3000 dollars for a voodooPC envy. 9or alienware laptop)

2. PC>laptop specs always.

Get a PC for gaming, laptop for surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back