"GravityHammerSmashFace!! " ~Chronicles of a Spartan MMA team~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings friends, comrades, and lurkers - welcome to meh crunchy new blog - "GravityHammerSmashFace!!!" - a witty and occasionally cynical look into the competitive MMA circuit.. xD

danni03.jpg

Dafaq this got to do with Halo you may ask? First off, Spartans are like the ultimate galactic badass, and although genetically and technologically superior - they would definitely have to undergo a ****-ton of martial arts training regardless. Second, modern Airborne units are about the closest thing we have to ODST in real life, and this is our story... so deal with it.. or quit reading bahaha ^^

So anyways, about a month ago my team (8th MRT) started asking ourselves - what type of training would they (Spartans) do, exactly? (This was inspired by the academy envisioned by Forward Unto Dawn lol). We thought about if for a bit, breaking things down by distance - far, mids, cqb - and style - ground fighting, striking, blades, firearms, etc. The more we discussed it the more eager we became and then **** started getting manic..

Amidst all this discussion into techniques and styles, something happened.. One of our gals (who is an avid Jiu Jitsu practitioner) stated with determination that she was going back into high speed training mode. Which was cool, because all in all we had gotten a bit complacent. She also stated, that by early next year she would be fit to fight in the octagon. Another of our teammates has two fights under his belt already, so he was like, booya - less doit! Then our token 'redguard' declared he was returning to the amateur boxing scene.. and boom went the dynamite.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

With all that in mind we started incorporating more combatives into the weekly PT (physical training) regimen. But it wasn't nearly enough. A plan began to develop, torn right out of the notebook we had been using for 'Spartan Ops'.. which quickly became 'Spartan MMA'. The format itself is a 12 week program, and as of today we are nearing the end of week 2.

I did a few recaps for the blog on deviant art, but it may be more suited here.. tailored to the Spartan fanatics as Primus intended. Furthermore, it occurred to me long ago that the blogs here were mostly spam, and those few that weren't went generally unappreciated. Given the custom training armor this project has inspired, and the fact CAMS inspired the project - we hope to change all that noise by providing a unique and intriguing blog.. So that's about it for now, I guess the next logical post would be a formal introduction of sorts. Then again I may edit / delete this and move on to something purely costume related.. Either way, thanks for reading..

~Cheers~

-Tes

Attachments

• danni03.jpg
    danni03.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg
    Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back