Grey Fox Helmet (first attempt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldFox

Hello everyone this is my first ever pepakura creation I've been watching videos, reading topics and decided to make a Grey Fox Helmet.

The Design is created by Rundown unfolded by Darkness. ( Credits to them ).

Here are a few pics :

picture1dl.jpg

and a side one

picture3a.jpg

And here is the question : should I keep building over it untill it becomes whole or should I divide it into 2 or 3 parts and start resining them separately ?

Help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT : Removed linked pics and posted whole ones.

Resined the first piece ( The faceplate + the top of the head + chin ) will post pictures tomorrow, but I think I did a sloppy job with the resining it was my first time but I hope it goes well.

I think I need to add another coat of resin before fiberglassing it which I'll be doing today, also assembling the second part ( Back of the head + cheeks and side jaws ).

You're build is looking great so far. Should be a great up and coming build to watch.

I wouldn't be too concerned with any sloppy work with the resin. As long as the form holds it shape you can sand as needed. Looking sweet so far

Resin cured and here are a few pics :

img0122zm.jpg

Not completely symmetrical but acceptable I guess

img0121w.jpg

img0120gwp.jpg

Thank you guys for your support, I am working on the rest of the piece right now gonna post more pics as I progress.

Just finished Fiberglassing it ... man that was a painful experience the fiberglass is all over the place! gonna post pictures soon.

Here are some pictures with more progress with Bondo and Sanding.

img0123hpp.jpg

Bondo and Sanding ( I know it kinda sucks >< )

img0124xb.jpg

and Simple Electronics for the Red Sphere between the eyes :
img0128em.jpg

Thought I'd post some Reference Pictures since little of you guys know Grey Fox from Metal Gear and here are some Pics :

foxbymatelandiahu9.jpg

ninjafox.jpg

Greyfox.jpg

Should have posted those in the first post but oh well :p

I wish it would exist a better Design for this Helmet, medium-def would be great.

But it comes along nice. Tryed it too a Time ago, but it´s not accurate.

I like it. It's different...different is good. I'll be honest, I had no clue who Grey Fox was until I saw the pics and it all came back to me.:)

lol thats a long time ago i saw that file :p Pretty low def though. Wouldn't recomend it. But the person who comissioned it back then wanted it to be like this >.<

Sadly the first helmet warped on me and I couldnt join the two parts togather, I am in the process of making another its pep is 50% done.

As of the low definition yeah I kinda noticed but I can still fix that with layers and layers .... AND layers of bondo lol.

also I don't have much of a choice this is by far the best pep file of Grey Fox's Helmet.

Thank you guys for the support and stay tuned for more progress.:)

Second helmet is fully peped and partially resined I didn't use alot of hardner so it seems it will be awhile until the resin cures, pictures coming soon.

Im sorry to hear the first one warped that bad. I can offer some advice for the future though. If you don't already have them, I suggest you put some support struts in. That should help a little with the warping. The only other piece of advice I can offer is to resin in pieces. If you do it all at once, there is a greater chance of warping. Hope this helps!

Im sorry to hear the first one warped that bad. I can offer some advice for the future though. If you don't already have them, I suggest you put some support struts in. That should help a little with the warping. The only other piece of advice I can offer is to resin in pieces. If you do it all at once, there is a greater chance of warping. Hope this helps!

Yeah I used support and I am resining in pieces , thanks for the advice though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back