Not open for further replies.

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
Project is complete.
20181105_113449.jpg

All 405th members are welcome to comment and give advise.
Actual creation of pieces will be limited to deployed members.

Allocation of Work:

Schankerz Helmet Scale - Helmet.png / Canister /
ThighsScale - Thigh.png

Dirtdives Chest Scale - Underchest.png Scale - Chest.png / CodScale - Cod.png

TurboCharizard NeedlerScale - Needler.png / BicepScale - Bicep.png / Go Pro Mount / Hip PlateScale - Hip.png ShinsScale - Knee.png Scale - Shin.png

PerniciousDuke Scaling / Butt PlateScale - Butt.png / / belt Scale - Belt.png / Painting / Rigging / Visor + Buck Shoulders Scale - L Should.png Scale - R Should.png / ForearmsScale - Forearm.png Scale - elbow.png

Goal:
Young Jorge wp Needler (1).jpg Untitled2.png

-original first post below-
Well 405th, we have an opportunity to make a child's dream come true. This young boy worked up the courage to ask me for a photo at ECCC and his mom says all he can do now is talk about wanting to be a Spartan. He's already had mom make him cardboard gauntlets (that he was not impressed with, lol).

She tracked me down on Facebook just to thank me for being so kind to him.
Screenshot_20180307-120347.png
(*I do have permission from his mom to share this photo*)

A couple members saw this Dirtdives and TurboCharizard and suggested that we team up and make it for him.

I think that could be fun. Let's discuss it here. Anyone interested is welcome to join in the conversation. I don't want to say it's for sure until we discuss some of the logistics... But I think it is possible. What do you think ?

Scale - Hip.png

Last edited:
So long as I'm not doing the helmet......(NOT 1 WORD!!!!).........I think we can do this. PerniciousDuke, I think it best as you have already had contact w/ the family, that you be on point for this. We will need to discus what suit to do, Spartan jr. dimensions, who is doing what, and where to ship it all to. I'm all in!!!

Last edited:
I'd say if you have the contact info of Spartan Jr's mom we can get the important first step of finding out certain measurements and the more important step for him of favourite colour and favourite weapons.

We can start establishing a build group, decide on what suit and divvy up the parts after a little bit.

For a first talking point I'd suggest an ODST or Marine since the pieces aren't as tight fitting and it'll allow him a bit more time with the suit before outgrowing it if we manage to get the strapping system down right and adjustable.

Last edited:
A DFT ODST?.......It is one of the more simplified versions......and if no one has the templates....I can provide the proper set....but then again, he may not want to be an ODST......

I have foam patterns modified from the H3 DFT ones kicking around. Who doesn't want to go feet first into hell?

I'm down to help with the suit for a brother, I just have some concerns:

- are we sending our finished pieces to someone? or how is this going to work?
- Foam or Pepakura?

I'd say it's probably best to locate the 405th member that lives closest to Jr. Spartan so that they can receive all the pieces and then dump them all at once on the little guy.

Foam? It's more forgiving for shaping and fit on someone you don't have local to test fit on. It's also quicker to put together so it's not as demanding on everyone's busy schedules.

Last edited:
I have foam patterns modified from the H3 DFT ones kicking around. Who doesn't want to go feet first into hell?

I'd say it's probably best to locate the 405th member that lives closest to Hank so that they can receive all the pieces and then dump them all at once on the little guy.

Foam? It's more forgiving for shaping and fit on someone you don't have local to test fit on. It's also quicker to put together so it's not as demanding on everyone's busy schedules.

Alright, I live in Calgary AB, and I don't have access to a heat gun. I can probably make the helmet, because it doesn't really need the heat gun, but idk, all y'all can decide

Thank you Leiutenant Jaku and Psyisawesom8503 for your offers. I think you guys should focus on your first builds to help increase our ranks. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and your advise and comments will always be welcome. You'll realize you have plenty to build in order to get your suits done though. No need to take on more at this time.

As for tasks I think DD got it.

I'll be on point, I'm pretty sure they are local to me. Anything sent will be to me.

I'll get his dimensions from his mom and see if he will like an ODST. Then we can settle on a design and divy out tasks.

Anything sent will be unpainted so that I can do it all uniform.

I vote 100% foam and only armor. We can list any "purchases" like gloves and undersuit and just decide how to handle that as we go. His mom would probably cover those things anyway.

Any other concerns before bringing this to his mom?

Guys.....we are getting ahead of ourselves......Cart before the horse thing.......As I said, I think that Duke should be the contact person for this, and get the first 2 most important pieces of information.......what type and Spartan jr’s dimensions. After that, we can talk ourselves blue in the face over who is doing what and how. Now I agree that the ODST is a great build and it would be relatively simple for us to divvy parts and put this all together.....but lets wait till we hear from them. One step at a time.

EDIT***
Ok Duke, you beat me to the punch here, so my reply is kind of moot. The major point is the painting of the suit.....everyone has their own style/technique on building but that is fine if each of the matching sets are built by the same person.....i.e. the shins or the shoulders ect...ect.......but not everyone has the same exact paint......or paint style/technique......how do we paint this to match?

Last edited:
Guys.....we are getting ahead of ourselves......Cart before the horse thing.......As I said, I think that Duke should be the contact person for this, and get the first 2 most important pieces of information.......what type and Hank's dimensions. After that, we can talk ourselves blue in the face over who is doing what and how. Now I agree that the ODST is a great build and it would be relatively simple for us to divvy parts and put this all together.....but lets wait till we hear from them. One step at a time.

CART CART CART!

I've got a question for you guys. After getting Spartan Jr's measurements, who will be responsible for the overall scaling of the suit? Will someone scale the suit through say, Pep Designer and then send the file to all parties or will the measurements be forwarded out and everyone scales assigned bit?

Thank you Leiutenant Jaku and Psyisawesom8503 for your offers. I think you guys should focus on your first builds to help increase our ranks. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and your advise and comments will always be welcome. You'll realize you have plenty to build in order to get your suits done though. No need to take on more at this time.

As for tasks I think DD got it.

I'll be on point, I'm pretty sure they are local to me. Anything sent will be to me.

I'll get his dimensions from his mom and see if he will like an ODST. Then we can settle on a design and divy out tasks.

Anything sent will be unpainted so that I can do it all uniform.

I vote 100% foam and only armor. We can list any "purchases" like gloves and undersuit and just decide how to handle that as we go. His mom would probably cover those things anyway.

Any other concerns before bringing this to his mom?

Im actually finished my first suit of armor, I just haven't posted anything yet....due to the fact that I don't feel comfortable doing so

Im actually finished my first suit of armor, I just haven't posted anything yet....due to the fact that I don't feel comfortable doing so

Do it! There's overwhelmingly positive feedback on builds here and only helpful pointers offered on things you can improve on. Worst case is you learn something to make an even better suit the next time, best case you're drowned in praise and elevated to god tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back