Grunt costume for my son

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovemberAdam

Jr Member
Hi everbody!

I've been in the process of putting together a grunt costume for my son, so he too can have something fun to wear at our local comic expo.

I would like to thank the creator of the 3d grunt model I used.... whoever you are. :)

Attached are some work in progress pics.

As always, comments are welcome.

halo_gruntifing_my_son___wip_by_novemberadam-d3hqulb.jpg

further_gruntification___wip_by_novemberadam-d3i2nb5.jpg

another_angle_of_grunt_by_novemberadam-d3i2nr9.jpg

halo_grunt___wip_by_novemberadam-d3i5p5x.jpg

halo_grunt___wip_with_weapon_by_novemberadam-d3i5ph0.jpg

You cant upload images from DevArt here. You'll need a Photobucket or an Imageshack account and place the IMG tags here.

But wow! Thats some impressive work you done.

Thanks! I've actually figured out how to do the upload! In DevArt, right click on the image and selects "Copy Url", then paste that into the image button at this forum. It attaches the images. :)

Ahh. I didnt know if it was possible to isolate the image like that from there. But that makes scene now that you say it.

Agreed, it's looking great. My favorite is the arms raised pic, I can just imagine the little unggoy cry as he charges.

Bahahaha! That is probably the best looking Grunt costumes I've seen so far, and it's not even finished! :) Incredible work, your son really looks the part in those stances. Love it! Can't wait to see it all finished. :)

That is looking amazing, I always enjoy seeing a Covenant build. Keep up the good work I can't wait to see where this goes

This is extremely cool! I like how you are actually using the head as a helmet, most covenant costumes I've seen just use face paint and I must say your way looks much better. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

thats really nice. it looks lovely and organic, and the way you have cut a tiny hole to see through it a nice idea. all you need to do is stretch some black mesh across the sinside of that hole, and no-one will be able to see in.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was tempted in using the mesh, but the visibility is limited enough, I don't want to limit it anymore.

I agree the helmet approach is much better, it allows for proper sculpting. :)

Okay, so I'm a little further along on it now, just some final painting to do!

Here is an updated pic though for those who are interested. :)

halo_grunt___almost_finished_by_novemberadam-d3itj2q.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is just... WOW! It looks very good! My only comments is the painting lets it down a little bit. I realize you have more to do, but a suggerstion: modulate the colors a bit, the brown and yellow are both 1 color. Use a brush with different shades of the colors and,"dry brush" it on. Aside from that, the actual costume is fantastic! improve the painting a bit and it'll look like the real thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back