Gundam Deathscythe Ver Ka. (Cardboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GundamLoki

Jr Member
Hello,

So I have been looking at this site for a long time, and have completed a couple Halo type helmet builds. But I really haven't built anything worth showing off until recently I started my first cardboard build. I'm building a Gundam costume for a local cosplay convention in October. And since I see a lot of various suits being put through this costuming community besides Halo I thought I would post some pics and see what kind of feedback I could get. Okay so this will picture heavy for a sec. But before I do here's a little about my build process.

So this is the first time I have ever worked with building in a cardboard medium. It has been fun so far. I am building it out of 2 ply and 1 ply corrugated cardboard and hot glue. The helmet was constructed to my head size and was then coated with a smoothing agent, in this case a mixture of dry wall mud and gesso. It is still not completed as I decided to continue work on the rest of the costume due to time contraints. That is why the head is white, and the rest is still un painted. So far I have only completed the helmet and the torso. I am going to be building the arms, shoulders, and backpack assembly this weekend. So heres the pictures. Let me know what you think and I enjoy criticism. Sorry for my long winded post, but I feel the need to explain everything up front so there is no questions =]

Also as I get more done I will add more pictures to this first post so be sure to check back and see what kind of progress I am making on this suit. Thanks for reading!

Gundam Loki.

Smoothing Agent on Helmet

Test Fit of the Eye

Front of Torso

Side of Torso

Gundam Pose

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good. never be worried about posting anything. this community so supportive as i have found. my work is a learning process and that is what this is for.

Heyyy looks good so far! I love me some gundam cosplay and this looks pretty nice, I'll be watching for sure.

Thanks for the kind words so far guys! It's good to hear that there is such a supportive community out there even though this is not a Halo type costume. =] Calladar I love your helmet! It looks sweet. Can't wait to see what you will come up with next. I have classes today for college...but as soon as I'm done I'll be home working on this. So hopefully by tonight I will have some updated pictures with more done.

Gundam Loki

This is very nice. Why ver KA? First time I've seen something like this. Is the helm a scratch build also? I made my Ageis suit way back, but only have the helmet left.

Should race you and hopefully finish Unciron Gundam. :D

P.S - One of my favorite Gundams.

Everything is a scratch build. I have no patterns for anything haha. Its just look at pictures and guess. And I chose ver Ka. just because no one has ever done it before that I have found. I have seen many other deathscythe costumes but never this particular version. So I guess I wanted to be a pioneer and be the first? haha. It's just also my favorite version of Deathscythe.

You should finish your Unicorn. That is an awesome gundam. =]

Gundam Loki

Cool Gundam, bro.

I've been thinking of doing a Ground Gundam (RX-79[G]) for awhile.

In any case, when you get this along, get some green plexi and make the beam scythes, man. That's the single, coolest part of Deathscythe.

Cool Gundam, bro.

I've been thinking of doing a Ground Gundam (RX-79[G]) for awhile.

In any case, when you get this along, get some green plexi and make the beam scythes, man. That's the single, coolest part of Deathscythe.

Or some plexi with back lit green LEDs. Seen some at a convention in my area long ago. Stands out nice when they turn lights off.

Ver. Ka. Always has extra things to it, hopefully you make it accurate. If you need anything, materials or such, I'd be glad to help out. Hope it turns out nice.

OOOOOOOOO that is great lookin, I like the side profile pic, lookin awesome for just making from scratch and pictures :D it'll be so awesome when this is finished I have no dout

Or some plexi with back lit green LEDs. Seen some at a convention in my area long ago. Stands out nice when they turn lights off.

Ver. Ka. Always has extra things to it, hopefully you make it accurate. If you need anything, materials or such, I'd be glad to help out. Hope it turns out nice.
I'm making it as accurate as I can with the limited pictures I can find of Ver. Ka. But I think I'm getting as close as I can right now. And I'm just trying to get the body of the mech done for now, then I will concentrate on making all the cool weaponry and such. I have some ideas for what to do. But it may be a while before I can actually use them haha. And the only thing I need for materials is cardboard. Which I have plenty of at this point. But thanks for the offer. =]

OOOOOOOOO that is great lookin, I like the side profile pic, lookin awesome for just making from scratch and pictures :D it'll be so awesome when this is finished I have no dout
Thanks man. I'm glad that you like it. I'm excited to finish it for sure, and I can't wait to put some of the really cool details and such on it.

Gundam Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back