H:5/ODST/H:R/H:3 Mega 3D Printed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurassic

Hey all, it's been a few years. Yea, never finished Linda - moved, broke, threw out. But this is about new things!!!

--For finished pieces --

I'm going to finally start doing the thing I've been avoiding, and that's modelling in F360 to make my ideal H5 armor set. I'll also be showing you guys bits of my reach and ODST build as I slowly work on them between motorcycle rides! Without further delay, here's some pics of what the H5 armor should look like, sans the shoulders will be dynast and not reaper as in the first reference photo. Suit is planned to be a gunmetal or midnight metallic black, with dark purple accents. Maybe some lime green in there too.

Screenshot_467.png
Screenshot_474.png
Screenshot_473.png

Bonus Unity GIF rave mode heh.
e549fb62d7c114459a026114f97ee4fb.gif

Here's what armor goes where; (Some things may change as I go due to practicality/aesthetics)
HeadLocus
ChestReaper
BicepDynast
ForearmReaper
HandDynast?
FingersUndecided
ButtSoldier or other
ThighDynast
CalfReaper
FootHelioskrill

And finally some actual pics of what I've been making this week. Look at that sad neglected boomco magnum next to the superior printed magnum internals.:lol:
plasma grenade
IMG_20210601_224050.jpg
magnum
new magnum pieces with the old boomco

How's my toesies sizing?

IMG_20210529_190255.jpg
IMG_20210529_190247.jpg

Will post my ODST stuff below. Started winter 2020, Didn't get too far...

IMG_20200209_215755.jpgIMG_20200209_215801.jpgIMG_20200209_215808.jpgIMG_20200213_212535.jpgit SPLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITdang it. too smallIMG_20200214_163035.jpgIMG_20200214_163102.jpgIMG_20200221_164215.jpgIMG_20200221_164231.jpgyeah im a little ODST when it comes to perfection

Teeny tiny update to keep me accountable. Most of the magnum pieces are sanded baby smooth and ready to go, 1.5 prints left to go, still waiting on the largest pieces to finish rn, only 33hrs in.
IMG_20210604_220111.jpgIMG_20210604_220635.jpg
Now, just need to wait for it to finish and I can go back to the armor!

IMG_20210608_193430.jpg
Magnum printer. Will probably finish sanding today or tomorrow and follow with paint sat. It's huggeeeeee!!

Printer is running into mintemp error, probably a screw loose. Nonetheless it is hampering my progress. Got more boot bits done though.IMG_20210608_195915.jpgIMG_20210608_195923.jpg

Not sure if the toes might be a bit too big. I can't decide. Printing the other side while a decision is made.

It's not much, but a small update:

Printed another plasma grenade, just needs sanding. Reprinting the foot bits 10% smaller they just were way too big.
Still avoiding learning fusion for modelling my armor bits

Bought ammo crates for my motorcycle so that's pre-occupied me... Haaa

And I started printing a reach EOD helmet for my friends build, it's gonna take a hefty 300hrs

Here's 9hrs in, not much to show yet! I'll send pics when this is done in a few days, the helmet file is drool worthy.IMG_20210616_081036.jpg

:(
Is that a cable snag or a stepper overheat?
I haven't been able to figure it out yet, but I'm thinking my Y axis motor is dying. I definitely need to replace the belts now, as they're finally starting to fray after 5 years. As well, after tinkering with the belts, my xyz calibration is failing... :(

So no printing progress will be made for a few days. Really considering that CR-10 now haha.

Alright, printer is running without calibrating the xyz. :cautious: Almost done printing my friends EOD, we're on the last legs of it, maybe 100hrs more printing left. Still haven't primed and painted the magnum it's just been way too hot to be anything but a puddle. I will post pics later today of the helmet 50% glued together.

Also I'm starting to plan for my reach spartan after this already, and I'm conflicted on helmets. (Way more resources to finish reach while modelling 5) Posted pics below of my choices, Hazop, EVA, or haunted pilot. I always used hazop since I had never unlocked haunted, and I've got a thing for skulls.

Screenshot_496.png
Screenshot_490.pngScreenshot_489.png
What I thought would be unique is the EVA, but haunted!

If you folks have any input that would be awesome!!! If it helps I'd be wielding a sniper rifle and magnum or DMR.

I'm a fan of Hazop not just because of the overall aesthetic but also the fact that you don't need to worry about forming a crazy visor like with the Pilot or EVA!

I'm a fan of Hazop not just because of the overall aesthetic but also the fact that you don't need to worry about forming a crazy visor like with the Pilot or EVA!
I agree! I think I have settled on going back to my H3 roots and doing recon however. My buddy who is also making a reach suit right now is doing hazop, so that helped me decide. I will be making haunted pilot as well since Halloween is a thing.

I'll be printing my reach pieces while I learn how to 3D model for printing now.

Oops I may have made the helmet too small for my friend... Rip his ears
Also started scaling my reach stuff~
View attachment 307545

Im not looking forward to scaling again. Its always extremely difficult when you're petite but thicc.
View attachment 307546
Worst case if the helmet is a bit too small you can always toss it up with measurements in the Marketplace and find it a home with someone who it will fit. That or it's a canvas to test out a fun paint scheme!

Also heck yeah Reach stuff!

Worst case if the helmet is a bit too small you can always toss it up with measurements in the Marketplace and find it a home with someone who it will fit. That or it's a canvas to test out a fun paint scheme!

Also heck yeah Reach stuff!
Hmm this is true. Since it will fit me ok I was thinking of displaying it worst case scenario. I have to ship it to USA so I'm not shipping something that won't fit

On another note, I'll be ripping the gcode for all the rubber parts during DND tonight and printing those, expect some TPU in the next few days~

I was thinking 2-3 shells no infill/5% so it's flexible. Worse case I'll print In PLA and pickup some silicone from work.

Well. My printer messed up another print or two. This old boy is giving me nothing but problems, clogged twice too. Time to sell the prusa and buy two CR-10. I may have to put printing on hold til I can afford a new printer in a month. I'll try to work on the techsuit and making a vacuum former in the interim. Big sigh!

Fun times now though - printing pilot helm at work testing out the new CR-10 Smart. I could just print everything at work
IMG_20210712_082540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back