H2 MC helmet detail 56k run away

Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

From: CODENAME:BloodyShadow13

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: OPERATION MJOLNIR

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

last night i came up with an excellent idea (in my mind).

what if we took the halo 2 mc model and put in all of the indents?

what i am going to do is post images of the helmet. what i want you guys to do is point out indents in the helmet and how many vertecies you think i would need to add to get the detail in. note each triangular shape requires a set of 3 verticies or points to place. you can only place triangles and there is no upper limit on faces(triangles)

let me repeat something out of that: what i want you guys to do is point out indents.

indent: sunken potion of a model.

mchelmet.png


mchelmet2.png


mchelmet3.png


mchelmet4.png


mchelmet5.png


mchelmet6.png


mchelmet7.png


mchelmet8.png


mchelmet9.png


mchelmet10.png


tell me if i missed anything

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/
 
Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

From: CODENAME:BloodyShadow13

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: OPERATION MJOLNIR

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

yeah this would be for pepakura my idea was that you could create the base model and and whatever sticks out.

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/
 

Doom

Well-Known Member
Well, :mrgreen:

I have already started on this project. Me and Matt (MustangMatt) talked about this around a month ago. I started a few days ago actually. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I am most likely the more experienced modeler between the two of us by a large margin. It looks like you are using Pepakura to model which isn't very good and is fairly limited. I use 3ds max which is a more sophisticated program then Pepakura and a lot better.

My plan was to do every armor piece inside and out (basic interior for those that wanted it) with the details also. So it would be both a excellent reference for those who are both doing Molded armor or Pepakura. Pepakura is what mine is mostly based around though.

My little Project will actually take a bit of time but hopefully won't take that long if I can be consistent. I originally wanted to keep my project a secret until I had most of it completed so that people wouldn’t be nagging me to finish it :$ops: . However then this little topic came along. The reason I am telling you all this is because I really don't want you to spend all your time on this and then suddenly mine gets released and your work goes down the tubes because mine overrules it.

You can continue if you like. I am not here to stop you. I’m just here to help and give suggestions. That’s what a Moderator does =p.

That’s all I have to say...

-Doom
 

Darth Malevelus

Active Member
no pics
Hmmm.

Well a simple wedge would require at minimum 6 polys (er triangles).
2 for the back face, 1 per side, and two for the base, or long side.

Once I can see the pics Ill start counting :hyper:
 
Top