H2O Recon Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I run a page for Halo on Facebook. (See my signature) We have decided to hold a tournament, with the top prize being a Recon helmet replica. Here's what I've got so far:

387891_189760464448599_132643370160309_397403_2408  8481_n.jpg

Since it won't be for personal use, I need it to be pristine. I plan on making a mold and going through that whole process. I was wondering if this is a good tutorial:

If you know of a better one, please point me towards it. Other than that, I will keep you all posted on my progress. I welcome any tips and tricks you can offer. Like I said, it's not for me, therefore, it needs to be amazing.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Once 2012 hits we're beginning the proceedings, if you wanna participate, reply with your GT. I'll make sure Chris puts you on the list.

Chris is the one who had the idea for it. It's gonna be FFA. 36 people at least. He wants it to take place over the entire week. Various games of Slayer. We're also accepting custom maps for the tournament. So, if you Forge and want to submit a map.

Send a message to me

WSYD GladKumar

Aaron, I would recommend following Ben Streepers Tutorials for the molding process. They are pure gold and he put a lot of time making a very detailed set of tutorials. They will bring you through the process from start to finish. Please see link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcW1BYeaGU8&feature=related

Hope that helps!

Tony

P.S. I have a glove mold tutorial as well in my signiture.

Ok, I love that video. Thanks. My only thing is, I don't have $180 to spend, will a couple packs of the trial size be enough?

I tend to use way more than what I really need, but maybe 3 trial sizes will work. Also, I really can't give you a reliable estimate unless I know the dimensions. Do you remember the scale H/W/D?

Good luck!

Tony

Nice build man, cant wait to see the finished version.

And I also would like to participate. My GT: TFB L337Destryr
I also have a GREAT custom I made. Link is in description of the video. Edit anything you like, if chosen.

Last edited by a moderator:
386341_190651201026192_132643370160309_399609_5333662_n.jpg

I've got it all pepped. I need to fix the visor. You guys got any tips for that? Not much more I can do until Xmas. Yes, I asked for materials (including a dremel :D ) as presents. Seeing as the tournament isn't for another month or so. I've got time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back