H3 Marine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader

I've searched, and I've looked, and I've found the Halo 3 Marine armor.
BUT
I can't seem to find the ab plate that's in the ref pics. Is this piece available? Or, is it a soft piece that needs to be stitched up to wear? Either way is fine, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something.
Thanks all.

papamurf812 said:
Here

It's for ODST, but I think it's the same.
Thanks - I saw that, but wasn't sure if it was the same part. I'm sure I can use it to make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't think many people see it because it's under the belt. I'm not sure what to call it.

You can sort of see it here. Not a great pic, but I haven't put my FileShare stuff up yet from the game.
It may just be a soft piece, something to provide cushion and a better fit for the marines (???) but I'm not sure. I would imagine those who have culled the 3D meshes would have come across this previously.

Your right, no body had made that part yet. If you had a better picture I could try to make it in Pep for you if you like?

link4044 said:
just scratch build it, thats what im doing
I think I probably will - it doesn't look that complicated and pepping it may be more work than just making it.
I'll probably use canvas and some sort of foam, since it sits right across the ol' tum tum. After wearing my Vader costume (cod piece) and stormtrooper gear (ab plate), putting something rigid in that area really makes bending difficult (no sitting in Vader or Trooper :( ) Making this out of some sort of soft material makes the most sense. Maybe a rigid piece under the belt clip just to keep it looking good.

I'll try to find some good pics today.

Pep can be a waste of time for many pieces, if i pep'd my ODST shoulders i would still be working on them, i scratch built them in about 3 hours.
Before anyone asks the question, Styrene is great for scratch building, look it up on eBay, should set you back about $2 a sheet depending on thickness etc...

i scratch built one for my brother's marine costume. it kinda ended in fail, because it made it out of cardboard, which is rigid so it was unconfortable. and i didnt attach it well, so it ended up falling off some where and we never saw it again....

rachciav said:
i scratch built one for my brother's marine costume. it kinda ended in fail, because it made it out of cardboard, which is rigid so it was unconfortable. and i didnt attach it well, so it ended up falling off some where and we never saw it again....
I plan on stitching belt loops on it to keep it attached to the web belt. I think using a layer or two of foam would make it work.
thanks guys - I appreciate the input.

idk if you were still needing it but i made the model i just never released it because i never saw a great demand for my models

Dude, please do. I love your models. You have the best h3 marine shoulders i've seen so far.

P.S: for the ab plate, talk to adam or spase. They have a mould for it i think.

Vader said:
Yeah, I don't think many people see it because it's under the belt. I'm not sure what to call it.

You can sort of see it here. Not a great pic, but I haven't put my FileShare stuff up yet from the game.
It may just be a soft piece, something to provide cushion and a better fit for the marines (???) but I'm not sure. I would imagine those who have culled the 3D meshes would have come across this previously.

looks liek soft armor dude

Edit: weta did it soft too
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUp...date_marine.jpg

Hmmm I think I may have what you are looking for.

I have a pepfile that I found in 4shared sometime ago that looks kinda like a marine gutplate.

If you want it just say the word and I will upload on there and post it on here.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back