Status
Not open for further replies.

ZettaiKagerou

With H3 added to MCC I got to rediscover the game and the cool stuff in there during a 4 person co-op game. Other that re-learning how hard you can slap someone with a vehicle before they die. I also kept checking out the marines because trading guns is hard they look fine. Using the files in the armory I started looking over the foam models and decided this really isn't a hard build(?) I might regret saying that tho... For anyone that has been cursed to hear about my building methods, they are...barbaric/unconventional. There is an attempt(s) to scale this build to fit, so hopefully my methods are not as barbaric as they normally are...

TL;DR I'm working on H3 marine and attempting to scale here's some pics:

52C2E401-1D7A-4464-81BD-3D576437F82E.jpeg

Pardon the messy desk

Looks like perfectly normal clutter to me. Lets hear it for barbarism!!!! YOLP!!!!!
Eyyyyy but I'm also trying to get a lil better

Starting more projects before finishing others, the life of hobbyists
Also:
sad ODST noises
I never posted about the ODST because I forgot AND it doesn't really have an end date since it was a fun project. H3 marine has an end date so it gets a thread.

Psssst marine armor looking better looking than ODST? You feeling okay? Feverish, chills, flu-like symptoms?
I got chillllllllllsssss....they’re multiplying.

compared to the ODST this is a more colorful build. And if you’ve seen my previous builds you can tell I like to be a walking Christmas tree. It’s also gonna be an easier build once I’ve taken time to figure out beveling and such. The only thing in my way rn is work lol

Thanks to Spidermonkey60 I got updated files...which means a better unfold...a better end product....another hell. I grabbed the folds for the detailed sides, scaled, printed, cut out the pieces, and finished the big parts on the chest. There are pieces still missing but the sizing is pretty good for the most part. Thanks to Mama Zettai for the photos btw <3

image0.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg
9668EB33-6E0F-4AE7-A81F-1954CD0B2DD9.jpegABEC604C-CA74-43B2-A168-A933A34CD63C.jpeg089793F6-1278-413C-A2B5-3818EC03FCC1.jpeg

The mood...
539B098C-30B0-4F81-B19D-29C29D58B9D1.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks great zettai! I've been trying to make my odst chestplate for my halo reach spartan out of foam and its my first time using foam instead of 3d printing... got any tips?

So.....you'll be able to put junk....... in your trunk? ;)

I knew the jokes I was possibly leaving my self open to.....but damn it I wasn't expecting this one.
Jokes aside, I could store a small repair kit in the butt plate because it's just so big.

This looks great zettai! I've been trying to make my odst chestplate for my halo reach spartan out of foam and its my first time using foam instead of 3d printing... got any tips?

I have a build thread for my Reach suit Here. Quick tips for foam, your cuts matter a lot, keep your blades sharp. Mark pieces that need to line up, and practice bevel cuts on scrap foam before attempting on your working pieces. I spend a lot of time studying how the parts will fit together before cutting.

I knew the jokes I was possibly leaving my self open to.....but damn it I wasn't expecting this one.
Jokes aside, I could store a small repair kit in the butt plate because it's just so big.

I have a build thread for my Reach suit Here. Quick tips for foam, your cuts matter a lot, keep your blades sharp. Mark pieces that need to line up, and practice bevel cuts on scrap foam before attempting on your working pieces. I spend a lot of time studying how the parts will fit together before cutting.
Thank you! I'll be sure to do all of that! Thanks so much for the help!

Ummmm........I hate to do a double joke on the same topic.....but its just too good to pass up........

did you use the wide angle lens or telephoto from 1000 yards to take the butt plate pic?

I was making a play on words in reference to "Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back" intro lol I busted into my moms room and demanded she take pictures so I could check the placement and sizing of the butt plate. So just an iphone camera was used. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back