H4 MkVI Undersuit Base?

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by Jackshadow, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Working away on my Mk VI Gen 1, and ran across this on amazon...thoughts? 91MhvEacdsL._SL1500_.jpg

2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Does it come w/ pants? Link from Amazon please....

3. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Pants, too!
    81p5tUFSW0L._SL1500_.jpg

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

what is the link to Amazon for this?

5. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Looks great but keep in mind.....If you are going to be wearing an EVA foam, which acts like an insulator....and this as an undersuit which is a Sport & Outdoor type of clothing which is designed to retains body heat.....it might be a problem. Especially if you wear it during hot weather season. You risk dehydration. But you would look kick-ass though.

7. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Good points. I cosplay frequently as Captain America from AoU in a cordura/pleather suit with resin helmet, and that gets damned hot. Gatorade is my friend, for sure!

Dirtdives likes this.
  8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

You might be better of w/ a non-thermal compression or morph suit and detailing it yourself.

9. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Thought about that too, and also motorcycle armor. I really like the pattern, but doing more research for sure!

10. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

There was no Mark VI GEN1 undersuit in Halo 4. Halo 4 had the GEN2 undersuit and all armor permutations had the same undersuit.
    If you mean the Mark VI from Halo 3, here are the best references you could use.

As for the listed wear - as people already said, motorcycle clothing may not be the best idea because it'll make you even warmer - and being in the suit will make you already warm and you don't want to overheat.

il_fullxfull.750579880_fi82.jpg

5254a9_33a9cc0b321f4b3586efbae8b24ed2b2.jpg

11. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

That is one insane looking undersuit!!!!1

12. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

Definitely not looking at motorcycle armor any more, which is why I thought the heatgear might work nicely as a base. It's supposed to be designed for sports in warm/hot conditions, wicking moisture and all that. Love the undersuit in the pictures, that's amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info and perspectives, always nice to get the expert opinions!

Dirtdives likes this.
  13. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

I thought the gear you linked to first was Under Armour "Heat Gear." If it is, then it is a good base, as Heat Gear does exactly as you say, wick away moisture and keep you cooler during strenuous activity. Now, Under Armour "Cold Gear" is designed to retain body heat, and to be used with Sporting events in the cold, and I would definitely not recommend it.

Dirtdives likes this.
  14. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Got to keep this one in mind when I do my undersuit......my last one melted........don't ask.......

jsg6 and Jackshadow like this.
  15. serenko3

serenko3 405th Regiment Officer

No matter what you use hydration is key. Out of curiosity didn't bungie and 343 say that all armor pieces are interchangeable to include undersuits?

16. Spartan55

Spartan55

But now I want to know

Edit:
    Sorry for the necropost dident check date

17. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

You're fine, this thread is less than two weeks old, not really necro posting at all

18. EndlessForrest

EndlessForrest

How did you do that?

19. Spartan55

Spartan55

Do what

20. EndlessForrest

EndlessForrest

the undersuit commanderpalmer posted. that looks really neat

21. Spartan55

Spartan55

It looks brought
    But if you skillfull enough with a air brush you could probably paint the design onto fabric (you would have to use fabric specific paint) punished props did something similar for their alsoltron under suite
    Ps sorry for spelling errors

22. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

It was just an example and reference. It's an insanely expensive lycra suit from SnakePitStudios. Over 400$.

23. Voren Marr

Voren Marr

I've gone with motocross tip which has a really neat spine at the back. The front armour, elbow and forearm armour I removed leaving some top shoulder armour.

Heat retention is no issue as the material is breathable. I have lots of additional armour which may push my core temp up though lol.

None of which compare to my 100% coverage in may mandalorian costume where both the weight of my armour and the coverage requires internal cooling fans.

24. Jackshadow

Jackshadow New Member

So I bit the bullet and had an undersuit done. I'll probably add some material to it to create more depth, but it's a start...

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG] qm1wSqS.jpg

SI3RRA 117, FANGS and Cadet like this.
  25. Shadowlite

Shadowlite New Member

Good ideas I will definitely use one for my under suit