Half Life 2 ~ Gordon Freeman Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetWarmer

Here's what I've gotten done on the model. :)
FreemanChest.jpg

Made completely from scratch, just because I can.

Also, don't expect this model to be finished anytime soon. I've got about 10 other models that I need to finish as well. LOL!

Questions and constructive crit. welcomed.

EDIT: FINALLY FINISHED!
GordonRender.png

Gordon Freeman Pep.rar

Nice! And I was just thinking of making this too... Weird... The only thing I'd reccommend for when you make a pep file is to remove that neck piece, as it looks like part of the undersuit.

Loubear said:
Nice! And I was just thinking of making this too... Weird... The only thing I'd reccommend for when you make a pep file is to remove that neck piece, as it looks like part of the undersuit.

I know that. I'm just keeping it there because I'm going to make it a biped once I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, if there will ever be a downloadable permutation based on the HEV suit.....I'm using it.

The model looks good so far, but I don't know if it will fit on an average human withe the "armpit" area tapered inwards like that.

Nice! Sorry no ConstruCriti but I have no knowledge of 3D modelling whatsoever. Once I finish my armour I may try to learn milkshape or something else thats free lol!

Anyway keep it up because I have been wanting this for a while too! I want to make it for a friend (I'm not really into half life, halo or cod for me)

xalener said:
Man, if there will ever be a downloadable permutation based on the HEV suit.....I'm using it.

The model looks good so far, but I don't know if it will fit on an average human withe the "armpit" area tapered inwards like that.

I'm still changing a lot of stuff, so I'll fix proportions when the chestpiece is done. At the moment, it has no back! D:

Nugget, do you you ever get tired of modeling armour? Nice work man, keep it up.

And where's the gravity gun?

This is outstanding! Nice work, I was looking at the HalfLife chest piece the other day thinging it would make a nice costume. Good to see it's being done.

That front view looks spot on!

His costume had a lot of inaccuracies and wasn't exactly a looker, but thanks anyway. ;p

Oh, and if you have to make a crowbar out of cardboard like that guy you're pulling a stupid. >:| Homedepot is there for a reason.

Nugget said:
Oh, and if you have to make a crowbar out of cardboard like that guy you're pulling a stupid. >:| Homedepot is there for a reason.

Walking around the place weilding a crowbar may be seen to be just a tad illegal.

And Nugget, thought you might like a few oics I found when I was planning my HEV suit

http://www.hlportal.de/images/content/hl2/others/hev.jpg
http://student.gamemaker.nu/~patlil030/ima..._freemantex.jpg

Or just use Garry's mod to look at the HEV suit model.

Daft Steampunk said:
Walking around the place weilding a crowbar may be seen to be just a tad illegal.

That and Home Depot seems to only carry yellow crowbars.

Why? IDK, I thought the standard bar colors where red and grey, like Gordons.

00003.jpg

nice job man. why not just get the game model and go from there? why do all that work when its already done? anyhu, it is a good start.

Spartan137 said:
That and Home Depot seems to only carry yellow crowbars.

Why? IDK, I thought the standard bar colors where red and grey, like Gordons.

Hmm.. Weird. I'm sure you could go to a costume shop and get a nice grey and red crowbar.

flying_squirl said:
00003.jpg

nice job man. why not just get the game model and go from there? why do all that work when its already done? anyhu, it is a good start.

Because I looked at the game model and it's really not that pretty. Plus, making it from scratch gives me more experience. :)

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention that there isn't really a Gordon Freeman playermodel. The only time you see Gordon's armor is when it's with Dr. K and Alex.

Update: Finished the chest piece, might make it even smoother before I put it into pep.
FreemanChest-2.jpg

FreemanChest2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back