Halloween Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX636R2004

[attachment=7094:IMG_1217.JPG]here is my attempt on making MC costume. I had one month to work on it. my nephew ask me last minute. i carved everything out of green foam. I ran out of time so i had to buy cheap plastic helmet and paint it to match suit. Let me know what you think?

I want to thank 405th Infantry Division!! Everything i needed to know to make it, i got from here!!! GREAT SOURCE!!!

Wow! That is really cool! Foam can do that! Awesome work! I'm sure he had an awesome time being Master Chief! You have to be one proud uncle! Maybe Uncle should make a suit for himself!

ZX636R2004 said:
[attachment=7094:IMG_1217.JPG]here is my attempt on making MC costume. I had one month to work on it. my nephew ask me last minute. i carved everything out of green foam. I ran out of time so i had to buy cheap plastic helmet and paint it to match suit. Let me know what you think?

I want to thank 405th Infantry Division!! Everything i needed to know to make it, i got from here!!! GREAT SOURCE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From far away it looks like shrunken muckle parts.

nice job! except for the Rubies helmet though :p

Enrisan said:
From far away it looks like shrunken muckle parts.

nice job! except for the Rubies helmet though :p
tell me more of this green foam you used

claymationmarc! said:
p.s. sorry i did a reply...oh and also could you show the process maybe make an example?
I started off with blocks of green foam you would find at your craft store. I went to Michael's. i believe it is mainly used for floral arrangements. I wanted to use blue insulation foam but could not find it. i just carved it into shape and sealed it, then resin, paint.

homerguy said:
Great job, except that helmet looks kinda big.
I didn't do the helmet. i didn't have enough time to make a helmet so i bought a plastic one and painted it. i know it is too big. He looked like a bobble head. :lol:

@ZX636R2004 - Wow! That's so great! I'm really surprised you didn't get a larger response considering that you're armor looks great. I am curious about a few things:

1) What kind of weight did the foam chest/back plate take on once you sealed and resined it (Can you give me some idea of the weight of that piece)?
2) What did you use to seal the foam?
3) How did you put strap it on? I don't see an belts or ties.
4) How did it stand up to denting? (When you bump/run into things (or someone steps on it)).

Great work. You're nephew must have really loved it.

I would like any critizism about my costume. good or bad! i plan to make another one now that i dont have a deadline. thanks so far for replies.

make me a full size one :(

one question though; if you screw up with foam when cutting, how do you "repair" it.

Asrai said:
ZX636R2004 - Wow! That's so great! I'm really surprised you didn't get a larger response considering that you're armor looks great. I am curious about a few things:

1) What kind of weight did the foam chest/back plate take on once you sealed and resined it (Can you give me some idea of the weight of that piece)?
2) What did you use to seal the foam?
3) How did you put strap it on? I don't see an belts or ties.
4) How did it stand up to denting? (When you bump/run into things (or someone steps on it)).

Great work. You're nephew must have really loved it.
1) The chest/back plate did not weigh a thing. like a feather. my nephew said he couldn't tell it was on him.
2) to seal the foam i used sandless tile grout. put two coats, then applied resin.
3) i used clip on buckles. 1/2" ones. if you look close you can see them. around his waist and backview between quads and shins.
4)it is very fragile. remember i was on a tight schedule so i rushed and cut alot of corners. i just put resin on it. i should of used some fiberglass mesh but i just coated it with resin, so if u punch it or run into something it can dent or break. i told him to make sure not to roll on the ground or let his buddies punch him in the chest. my next project i am definitely gonna make it to with stand alot more punishment. time was my enemy. i just used resin, no bondo to touch it up. i didn't have the time to do sanding, or at least detail sanding.

Spartan117x said:
make me a full size one :(

one question though; if you screw up with foam when cutting, how do you "repair" it.

i used the spare foam i had and a little glue from a glue gun. works great!!!

ZX636R2004 said:
i used the spare foam i had and a little glue from a glue gun. works great!!!
Seems simple enough. Could be a fun method too- whats the difficulty.- I knew about this process just didn't care to give it any thought. But I am doing my own research on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back