Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucrono

Hey im new to all of this. But first, Halloween is coming, and every year i always wear some bs costume.

This year i hoping to go as master cheif, i mean MASTER CHEIF.

Well i am 11 :(

Soooooo i dont know how to use scilicon, bondo, plaster, and all that stuff.

If any of you pros out there can help me it would be so awesome.

NO non needed posts

reply and answer please :D

Something tells me that you dont understand how long a suit takes... especially if you want it done by halloween

I'm going to stay as positive as possible.

First, read the stickies! Trust me, you'll be happy you did...

I started my suit of armour near the start of the month and I'm nearing completion. Since you're 11, you should have lots of free time, I suggest finishing the pepakura THIS weekend. Also, use JediFraz's design, as they seem to be the most simple.

I'm 15, so silicon, plaster, bondo and the like are virtual unknowns to me. I treid using Bondo, but failed miserably. Learn from my mistakes and DO NOT attempt that route. Stick to the Hot Glue Method (what I'm doing) and you should be able to pull this off...

I hope I helped and Good Luck!

ok man. this is what magnum23 would call "a reason to create a ban". this is a small misdemeanor and will get you a slap on the wrist, i suggest reading the stickies like a good little noobie. just to help you, here is the one sticky created by magnum23 that will tell you how to be a good noobie. and don't just skip over it, read EVERYTHING. i know its a lot, but you won't have to worry about getting banned. here's the link: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11929

even though i said this, i am in a good mood and will answer your question.

Will you be able to finish a suit by this holloween?

Well, there is 9 days untill holoween. my answer: no way jose. some materials you have to order off-line and a lot of materials take 2-3 days to dry. you need lots of equipment and money. you can't just jump right in and finish within 3 hours. start workin, and like optimus prime said, you MIGHT finish by 2010.

My solution? impress your friends with this holoween costume:

t worked awsomely. it is a very cheap, inexpensive way to make a BEASTLY costume that ppl will be talking about for ever, like i said earlier.

MATERIALS:

Cotton balls

Corn Syrup

hair ties to hold your hair back

non-toxic gold paint or non-toxic silver paint (whichever you want)

2 paint brushes (you want one thats large and one thats smaller for finer detailing)

a ping pong ball that you don't need anymore (optional)

a sharpie (optional)

x-acto knife (optional)

about an hour of work before u go out.

Heres the plan. this is a make-up project unlike any other you have done before :D i not only got props, i got extra candy and people even slammed doors in my face screaming in terror :D First step, you take the larger of the two paint brushes and pour some corn syrup into a bowl. stir it up for just a little bit and then start "painting" the corn syrup onto your face. put a semi-generous amount. don't apply it all in one shot as it will dry when you start the next step. do it in patches. when you paint the corn syrup in patches, do it wherever you want make-up. the project is easier if you have a friend/girlfriend/wife/parent to help you. when you finish applying a patch of syrup, you should have some cotton balls that you unrolled before hand. apply the cotton balls to the syrup as needed. make the cotton bubble up in some areas for a really gruesom effect :) when you cover everything you want to cover with cotton balls, color the cotton balls with either gold or silver paint. the gold works really well for a life-like freddy couger make-up and people won't believe its not a mask :D the silver makes you look like a monster made out of stone. the optional ping pong ball is for a bug-eye effect. cut it in half, color it black then cut small holes in them to see out of and scare some ppl :) hope u liked my tut :D

just a heads up guys, the make-up will start falling off after about 2 hours from sweat, and talking makes it fall off faster. to be more scarry, growl, but try not to talk, hope u like the make-up :p

good luck and welcome to the 405th

hey sorry all.

but i sortve dont really go through the forums becuase most of them are repeats and stuff i really dont need to read.

also if anyone could tell me waht stickies are?

ive heard people say them but never seen them.

-Lucrono

Lucrono said:
hey sorry all.

but i sortve dont really go through the forums becuase most of them are repeats and stuff i really dont need to read.

also if anyone could tell me waht stickies are?

ive heard people say them but never seen them.

-Lucrono

Look at the very top of this section, you'll see 5-6 topics with a little tag at the begining saying "Sticky" these are all important topics that will answer every question you have. There are more in every section, so if you're building a pepakura suit, check the pepakura section too.. it'll have even MORE stickies to read in addition to these. This whole armor building thing is 90% reading 10% doing. Also it can take up to a year to build a full suit of armor, this is not a quick weekend project.

Cheers,

Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finshed my suit and now I all I need is soft foam and clips for the chest.

I'll post a topic later about it when I am 100% aboslutley done.

P.s. the hot glue method is a nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back