Halo 2 Odst Armor Out Of Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack 0138

Well. Its about time I posted some progress on my armor so here it is. I transferred my pep patterns to cardboard and cut,folded and assambled my helmet. Which is all I have done so far.

th_alex009.jpg

th_alex010.jpg

th_alex011.jpg

Any advice is welcome and more progress will be posted here. Thanks you.

Nice progress. The shoulders and lower torso should be an easy build, so do those next :D Also, try putting resin on the outside if the cardboard seems too weak. Or else paper mache is good.

Aaron said:
Nice progress. The shoulders and lower torso should be an easy build, so do those next :D Also, try putting resin on the outside if the cardboard seems too weak. Or else paper mache is good.

I might do resin if I can figure out how to do that. Other that that I might try the hot glue method.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hotglue method is good, but if you were to resin just use a retivley large paintbrush to brush it onto the outisde. if you do he hotglue method note that it's almost impossible to sand it.

Aaron said:
The hotglue method is good, but if you were to resin just use a retivley large paintbrush to brush it onto the outisde. if you do he hotglue method note that it's almost impossible to sand it.

True, true. I found this out the hard way. But I went back over it and did my best to smooth it out. I'll try to take a few pics of it. Also any idea on how to get a mirror like shine to the visor?

Edit: pictures of the hot glue Odst helmet added below.

th_DSC_0818.jpg

th_DSC_0819.jpg

th_DSC_0820.jpg

Jack-0138 said:
A few hours?!? You didn't have to go and do all that now. On the other hand I do like that visor. Thanks.

it's fine, i found a few visors i like myself too :D and how's sanding down that hotglue going?

Aaron said:
it's fine, i found a few visors i like myself too :D and how's sanding down that hotglue going?

Horrible it is a pain. But I heated it up and then smoothed it a lillte.

Jack-0138 said:

that's too bad :( have you tried an electric sander? like on a rotary tool?

Aaron said:
that's too bad :( have you tried an electric sander? like on a rotary tool?

I have not had the chance to but I will have an uup date in a few mins.(hopefully) I made a Mag.(shortend because I can't spell to save my life) The pistol, with a few modifcations.

Jack-0138 said:
I have not had the chance to but I will have an uup date in a few mins.(hopefully) I made a Mag.(shortend because I can't spell to save my life) The pistol, with a few modifcations.

cool. there arent enough pistols around here :pm6c or d?

Jack-0138 said:

Simple fix there, just get a strip of paper and lay it over the surface you want to smoothen out then heat up something like a spoon or knife and rub it on the paper till you get the result you want, once cooled just wash the paper off. The paper is just there to prevent any of the glue from pulling off while you do the smoothing process, downside though is that you might get some residue left from the strip.

Oh and be real careful with any heated metal, don't wanna end up like how I did in my display picture now do you ;)

Aaron said:
cool. there arent enough pistols around here :pm6c or d?

Yea, there are but is was the easiest thing to make.

Yayu said:
Simple fix there, just get a strip of paper and lay it over the surface you want to smoothen out then heat up something like a spoon or knife and rub it on the paper till you get the result you want, once cooled just wash the paper off. The paper is just there to prevent any of the glue from pulling off while you do the smoothing process, downside though is that you might get some residue left from the strip.

Oh and be real careful with any heated metal, don't wanna end up like how I did in my display picture now do you ;)

lol no i don't looks painful. Got an update on my helmet and mag. Also got the suit done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back