Halo 2 texture files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastaD32

Jr Member
hey im just wondering if any here has Halo 2 texture files and that you could save them as a bmp (bitmap) and pm them to me.
Reason being is that im getting the pc version of halo:CE and i want to mod it to look like halo 2 stuff.

Thanks in Advance,
-SpartanD32

Spartan_D32 said:
hey im just wondering if any here has Halo 2 texture files and that you could save them as a bmp (bitmap) and pm them to me.
Reason being is that im getting the pc version of halo:CE and i want to mod it to look like halo 2 stuff.

Thanks in Advance,
-SpartanD32
in the pep download database near the beginning theres a few links in post 2 that have the 3d files and textures. they're in dds thought so google search dds converter that's what i use

Last edited by a moderator:
Textures wont help, the textures for a different game may be configured different or placed differently, you could have MC's foot as his helmet if you dont have the halo 2 model either, I'd just go and use the halo 2 ce mod.

Exactly what AoBfrost said. Textures wouldn't work. Besides, wouldn't this be something you would post over at halomods.com? You'd get better responses, seeing that they are a Halo modding site. You might just go to halomaps.org or something also (I think they are mostly for downloads).

You really want stretched textures on the wrong model? I'm not a pro with 3d modeling, but I have made textures before, and from trial and error, one texture doesnt work for all models, maybe sometimes because the models are similar shaped and textured similarly, but from a different game......the 3d model is completly different, you will get a foot as a visor, and the visopr on his rear end.

Halomods.com

It's a lot harder then just slapping a texture from Halo 2 into Halo 1. UVW's are diffrent and won't match bitmaps. You have to make your own models and textures for Custom Edition if you want stuff to look good and right.

And please no discussion over distribution of copyrighted material :/ (textures/models)

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back