Halo 3 1/6 or 12 inch marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

callous

Well it's been a while since I posted here but I finally have some stuff to show off. Still a lot of work to be done. The armor is a lot more complex than the halo 2 version I did a while ago. I did round the armor a bit more than it appears to be in the game just thought it should be a bit rounder.

halo3marine4.jpg

halo3marine5.jpg

halo3marine6.jpg

halo3marine7.jpg

Robogenisis said:
Wow. That looks nice!
cant believe i have never even heard about you! looks amazing! (better or atleast equal to the WETA one)

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: Is that the master-replicas rifle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Robogenisis said:
Wow. That looks nice!

Shots of the waste down?... I see some top of shin armor... whats the whole shebang look like..

I forgot to mention that it's still a work in progress. I still have a lot of work to do on the shin armor. It's 1/6 scale or six times smaller than 1/1 in other words G.I. Joe size. The basic materials aren't very expensive especially considering the cost of 1/1 materials. He is holding the master replica BR the master replica carbine is in scale too. I made my own weapons but they were based on halo 2 and now I'm upgrading to halo 3.
Here's some shots of the stuff I did based on halo 2... I showed them off here awhile ago and a lot has changed here since.
mc1.jpg

mr7.jpg

mr1.jpg

The BR on the top is the one I built and the two below it are the master replicas.
halo4.jpg

halo5.jpg

halo1.jpg

halo11.jpg

All the halo 2 stuff is old news. I did learn a lot from building it and I can already see myself approaching the halo 3 stuff a little bit differently especially in terms of how many more parts the armor breaks down into. It's a very slow process but my idea was to build the figures and few set pieces and maybe get around to doing a little photo story... it's a very ambitious plan I know.

How did you guys get a hold of that? That is a tutorial I'm working up. It's my first real tutorial and it's kind of hard to get my methods across without being to brief or to long.

Hehe, a noob posted it sometime and I bookmarked it.

Yea I read it, and you should maybe explain more the utility of the latex and how you detail it.

But it's still a awesome tutorial from a awesome modeler ;)

Overlord_Ian said:
Sweeet!!!! I love them! you armor is amazing! :D
You should make this life size!!

Anyways, the 12" master chif figures are coming out... you should steal their AR's...

-Fin(n)ish

woa, very very nice... I really like that halo 2 set up you had and the marine seems to be coming along very well! you outa try making that marine armor full size, think it would look great!

Because the last time he started a thread, Noobland didn't exist. I'll move this over to molded armor or creation discussion if you like callous.

You always floor me with the detail you have in these guys. The H3 marine is looking great. And I still want one of those spartans so bad. Awesome job callous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back