Halo 3 cardboard weapon set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper 6pk

I know these arent exactly great looking, but i did what i could with duct tape, insulation tape and cardboard. I also tried to model them by the exact scale but i dunno how that turned out. Enjoy!

My MA5C
MA5C1.jpg

MA5C4.jpg

MA5Cmag.jpg

Now my M6G, its surprising how its really REALLY big (like the actually weapon in the game)
M6G2.jpg

M6G4.jpg

M6G3.jpg

MELEE
M6Gmelee.jpg

M6Gmag.jpg

VERY nice. Does everyone see this? It is a lesson to all duct tape builders: you HAVE to get the tape to lay flat! Wrinkles are BAD.

You did a great job man.

Those of you wondering about the size, check out the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6D_Pistol entry at the Halo wiki. The pistol is actually about the size of a Desert Eagle(still massive for a handgun) There are some reference pics at the bottom which includes the magnum variant which looks much more manageable due to the lack of scope, however the frame is still identical. Another issue with the scale comes from entity scales in the Halo engine. The weapons, all of them, are scaled to match the Masterchief, not the Marines. This ensures that their Hero model always looks proportional to the arms he is carrying. However, the poor marines end up carrying slightly oversized models. The final contributer to the apparent oversized look of the M6D is the massive handguard. The wiki entry only mentions the length(barrel to butt) of 26.7cm, or 10.5 inches. A Desert Eagle is is 26cm, or 10.25 inches. The long and short of it: The pistol is big, but not 'that' big.

I'm curios to know what the length of your pistol is. By the looks of it, you might be pretty close to the actual size. Nice tape work BTW!

Stealthkiller24 said:
Whoa i need to learn how to make card board weapons too thanks for the idea i was about to waste my money on ebay
Haha, me to so im just gonna atempt to make my own. Same with armor i was gonna buy it but why not atmpt to make my own. thanks for the kick kid. Nice weapons

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I have found a lover of duct tape! I made a wallet and have been thinking about making a duct tape hoodie (why I don't know). You have enlightened people to the power of the silver sticky!

Dracc said:
Those of you wondering about the size, check out the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6D_Pistol entry at the Halo wiki. The pistol is actually about the size of a Desert Eagle(still massive for a handgun) There are some reference pics at the bottom which includes the magnum variant which looks much more manageable due to the lack of scope, however the frame is still identical. Another issue with the scale comes from entity scales in the Halo engine. The weapons, all of them, are scaled to match the Masterchief, not the Marines. This ensures that their Hero model always looks proportional to the arms he is carrying. However, the poor marines end up carrying slightly oversized models. The final contributer to the apparent oversized look of the M6D is the massive handguard. The wiki entry only mentions the length(barrel to butt) of 26.7cm, or 10.5 inches. A Desert Eagle is is 26cm, or 10.25 inches. The long and short of it: The pistol is big, but not 'that' big.

I'm curios to know what the length of your pistol is. By the looks of it, you might be pretty close to the actual size. Nice tape work BTW!
Thanks for the replies everyone, it was pretty hard work just trying to shape it

I sounds crazy but I actually took the time to measure the gun and the real size, and Dracc you are absolutely right. The pistol might look small because im kinda short for my age of 18 and Master chief is HUGE about what? 7 feet tall? including the Mark VI power suit, he looks pretty big and the pistol very small. The pistol is about 10.5 inches but my cardboard gun is a little over that by a quarter of an inch, but the rest is still pretty accurate. The AR not so much since it was my first attempt and a full size rifle is pretty hard to make

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back