Halo 3 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkov

So, with the arguable failure of vista and no real reason to buy it (even if I use it and like it) do you think halo 3 might be sped up for PC? I'm sure I'm a minority here, but I still prefer playing H2 on PC for multiplayer then H3 on the 360 so yeah I'm anticipating my chance to buy halo 3... again.. so I can play it on my PC..

You think they will wait much longer or anyone heard anything about it?

It will probably be longer than a year. Looking at the other halo's, they put em on comp much later.

It's all about sales, people are still buying 360s and halo 3, when sales start to go down with that, they'll release it for comp.

2-3 years, it isnt hard for them to port a game, they could have done it easily in 6 months to 1 year and release it, but unlike halo 2, they waited a long time and released it late.

im pretty sure u can get it on pc all you have to do is download bittorent look online for halo 3 torents and ther u go i know bc i used to mod 4 halo 2 and i had to download the game and fix it up on my comp then i would put it on a disc and play it on my xbox but yeah u just download it and if u get the right one u can probaly play it on ur pc

Spartansoldier6 said:
im pretty sure u can get it on pc all you have to do is download bittorent look online for halo 3 torents and ther u go i know bc i used to mod 4 halo 2 and i had to download the game and fix it up on my comp then i would put it on a disc and play it on my xbox but yeah u just download it and if u get the right one u can probaly play it on ur pc

Um, no. o_O What the heck would make you say that?

P.S. You download torrents, not bittorrents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I use bittorrent, I dont support piracy unless you already have the song/movie/game. Halo 3 will not run on a PC by just downloading the xbox360 version, it must be ported to work, or have an emulator, but there is no xbox360 emulator, or atleast one that will work right, not even a xbox emulator works perfect, the xbox emulator can only play halo 1 with low fps, and tons of glitches.

Spartansoldier6 said:

1. Hacking/modding violates Bungie's Terms of Use.
2. You cannot and will never be able to just download a 360 game and just play it on the PC.
3. What you're talking about is illegal.
4. Spelling and punctuation.
I gotta ask. Why bother posting that at all?

just gotta wonder, technically, if you own the game, is emulating it on a computer illeagle even if the copy is unattained from less then reputable means, and secondly, would multiplayer actually work?

To be honest torrents have always been too much effort for me so this is all hypothetical, especially since I feel satisfaction when I buy a game and know money is going to a company that has the ability to make more fun stuff for me... but regardless, still an interesting question.

If your a torrent pro, you can easily get 600kbps on anything as long as it has good seeders. I can download 5 gigs in just a few hours.

If you want halo 3 for the PC, just remember, wait 2-3 more years, then get a super good PC, the graphics for halo 2 on PC do not need such high system requirements, they could have made the port alot better. Half life 2 which is more realistic in detail will run off a 64mb video card with dx8 and still look good, halo 2 wont even run off 64mb and needs dx9-10

AoBfrost said:
If your a torrent pro, you can easily get 600kbps on anything as long as it has good seeders. I can download 5 gigs in just a few hours.

If you want halo 3 for the PC, just remember, wait 2-3 more years, then get a super good PC, the graphics for halo 2 on PC do not need such high system requirements, they could have made the port alot better. Half life 2 which is more realistic in detail will run off a 64mb video card with dx8 and still look good, halo 2 wont even run off 64mb and needs dx9-10

I can usually download around 7 gigs in about eight hours. But yeah, you're going to have to wait, or invest some money in a 360. There are special modded devices that let you use a mouse and keyboard if you use that.

Rid3r said:
Q: Is Halo 2 out for Windows XP, not Vista?

No, Halo 2 is only available for Vista. There are mods available that allow you to play Halo 2 on XP instead of Vista, but the legality of these mods are in question. Microsoft has not yet decided if it will port Halo 2 to XP.

I personally wish I could play both Halo 2 and Halo 3 on XP.

Well we all know what Microsoft is like. Sure, Halo 3 could be ported to Windows in 1-2 months from now, but they won't. Why? Because they want to maximize 360 sales. Many people already have computers, they would only need to buy upgrades (remember, MS doesn't make pc internals, just software) in order for Halo 3 to run if it was released. What I'm trying to say here is that Microsoft makes more money from an Xbox 360 than a Windows version of Halo 3 and 3rd party pc parts (hows that for alliteration). So, in order to maximize profit, they're gonna do what they did for Halo 2 and not release it for another 2+ years. (probably)

Deathwasp said:
1. Hacking/modding violates Bungie's Terms of Use.
2. You cannot and will never be able to just download a 360 game and just play it on the PC.
1. No one really care about the not modding thing. If people cared, then Halomods would not be around.
2. This is probably true, but you can do this with older games. There are a few Xbox emulators around right now, so far I've only seen them play Halo 1 and Turok: Evolution, and very badly at that. Maybe in 2025 we will be able to.

Now, it seems that every time they release a version on PC, then they release the next version on the Xbox. Halo PC came out about when Halo 2 Xbox came out. Halo 2 Vista came out when Halo 3 Xbox 360 came out, so I think that Halo 3 PC/Vista will come out when the next Halo type game comes out. Who knows if it will be "Halo 4", but something will come out, and that is when Halo 3 PC will come out IMO.

@ Spartansoldier6
You can not just do that. If you were to try downloading something that says Halo 3 PC, then you would probably have just installed a Super-Virus. I don't support bittorrent, maybe unless you have the thing you're downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back