Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredAmir

Well I'm back again doing my third Halo build! I'm really excited about this one because I'm going to take my time and make this one as beautiful as possible. Considering with my other two builds I feel like I half assed parts of it. (Especially on the paint job, little to no weathering and not much detail in the armor). This ODST will be inspired off of Dutch and the ODSTs in Halo Landfall (Because that looks the most realistic if ODSTs were real).

Here's a list for what parts I'll be taking from each version:
Dutch:
  • Helmet
  • Greeblies
  • Some of the Paint job
dutch_t_1-76df0f93d20546068ac0cec6d219c85f.jpg

Landfall:
  • Undersuit (I assume the pants are just tactical pants but the upper part is a dark gray with a black fabric thing holding the shoulders in)
  • How they have their blood type and details on the right shoulder
  • Lots of the weathering they have with mud/sand (I'm not going to go as crazy though)
  • Back of the armor (Not sure if its different than other ODSTs but I like it)
latest?cb=20080928175642.jpg

Also, in Landfall they don't have backpacks but I will be adding one that's removable and it'll have a platypus installed in it.

I'm going to 3D print the Helmet and all the equipment (smoke/hand grenades etc...). Dutch's helmet looks like the standard helmet but just with addons, so I'll be using Dutchprops' helmet which is beatuiful and free on myminfactory. I'm going to challenge myself and make my modeling skills better by 3D modeling the addons that Dutch has to his helmet so its all nice and uniform. Then the UNSC Captiol group also has some .stl files for some of the equipment. Rest of the armor should be made out of foam. I'll figure out what I want to use as weapons down the road.

Not really sure when I'll exactly be starting this because I'm already working on three other cosplays for Katsucon next year but I'll probably print out the helmet in the next few weeks since I don't need my 3D printer for the other costumes. This post is just to help keep me motivated.

Last edited:
ArmoredAmir if you ever need some help, inspiration or screenshots for reference, feel free to shoot me a message. My ODST suit was based off of the Landfall cinematic because I'm a bit of a Weta fanboy.

You want a dutch helmet in the US talk to Ashuraa. Her and her husband are making my Dutch helmet designed by Dutchprops. They are working on some things seeing as mine is 001 so it is the test dummy haha. But you can buy 2mm or 4mm foam from TNTcosplaysupplies in a 24"x60" roll and use the for a lot of the undersuit stuff. that is my plan when i start the long haul to make my trooper perfect and hopefully actually break it into tier 3. Landfalls ODST armor is a mix of foam and plastic to make some of those ugly messes that 10mm foam just don't like. I do recommend a fan blowing on the visor because omg it fogs so fast....

ArmoredAmir if you ever need some help, inspiration or screenshots for reference, feel free to shoot me a message. My ODST suit was based off of the Landfall cinematic because I'm a bit of a Weta fanboy.

Yes! Thank you that would be amazing!

You want a dutch helmet in the US talk to Ashuraa. Her and her husband are making my Dutch helmet designed by Dutchprops. They are working on some things seeing as mine is 001 so it is the test dummy haha. But you can buy 2mm or 4mm foam from TNTcosplaysupplies in a 24"x60" roll and use the for a lot of the undersuit stuff. that is my plan when i start the long haul to make my trooper perfect and hopefully actually break it into tier 3. Landfalls ODST armor is a mix of foam and plastic to make some of those ugly messes that 10mm foam just don't like. I do recommend a fan blowing on the visor because omg it fogs so fast....

Damn I'll have to talk to them. I've been looking into TNTcosplay and now that you mention it that would be so much easier for the undersuit then sewing a bunch of things on to it considering I can't do that at all.

s24516655.jpg

Based off this photo, these are what I've found for the undersuit so far.

Undersuit possibilities:
Top:
Gloves:

Pants:
The pants look like they are brown but I'm not sure if I like that. Probably if I weather it a bunch it'll be fine but here's some options.
Boots:
I already have a pair that I used for my first Spartan build that has a bunch of spray paint over it so I can weather the crap out of them and no one will even notice, they're steel toed.

Last edited:
Something to take into account is that Weta could have - and this is Weta, so it wouldn't be a surprise at all if they did - made custom parts for sections of the undersuit. And some of the fabric parts - such as the areas the shoulders attach to on the Weta ODST - are most definitely custom made.

Yes, we have a 3d Dutch helmet and it is modeled by DutchProps. At this time we are the only ones who can produce that specific helmet. It is always great to see more Helljumpers. I am also a full seamstress. I can give advice as needed on your undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back