Halo 3 Marine Armour Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice man! thats halo 3 right? lol i cant realy tell the difference. wat program did you use? i think i might be able to make some good models myself and just wanted to try. could you tell me a good program i could use that isnt that expensive. hell if its free then thats even better

OO, nice helmet you got there!

Soon as I order some more resin and hardner, Ill be making some marine armor. This is very nice! ;)

<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/60147607/ae772f3f/pilot_chest_attachment.html" target="_blank">Pilot chest attachment
</a>elbow plate

I went ahead and released the elbow plate, and I just finished the box that goes on the front of the pilot variant's chest armour.

I will do the comm backpack, but I've got to work on my MKVI suit (alot), so it may be awhile before I can complete it.

Wow yes VERY awesome stuff. I hope your break from model will recharge the batteries to get you back in the fight. I should really look into this stuff and how to do it so I can help others. I'm going to start with the shins myself and see what I can do. Once again big thanks for your hard work.

Hmm, that's strange. My laptop died again (probably the memory), so I can't re-upload the file at the moment. Let me know if anything else is broken, and I'll fix it when I get the chance.

Update: Turns out my trouble was that my wireless mouse was sucking so much power that the computer couldn't get enough juice to start.

Anyway, I re-uploaded the elbow plate and tested the link; it works now.

Which model was it? Nobody's worked out a good scaling system for Marine armour yet, so I just guessed wildly at what I thought would be a good size.

Now, if I got some input from people who have built this stuff, I might be able to work something out...

Alright, how big was it? A few cm/in, or comically huge? Also, was the scale too big, or do you have a smaller-than-average sized head?

I need a few details like these to work out a good scaling. Any pics you could provide would be helpful as well.

I'm finishing up on it ..but I know its going to be large so thats why I started poking around with scaling..because it isnt a one size fits all.. lol but pics will be here one of these days.

Great work on the pilot chest piece! It looks like it's about the right size, perhaps 10% too big. Any good ides on how to attach it to the main chest plate? The reference pictures I have show the pilot piece clipping through the main plate, and it seems like the only attachment points are the two 'clamps' on the sides.

EDIT: I have the pilot attachement printed and half-assembled at 16cm wide, which seems pretty good, since my chest plate came out 17cm wide and is only a bit big. That said, I'm a pretty skinny guy.

That is cool I am working on my Marine armor too. It is a marine helmet. So I am new at making Pep files but I was wondering if anyone knew the instructions. Is it resin outside? Then fiberglass inside and then add the Body filler and sand? ALSO I noticed in this helmet it had a pieces going through the face area. Do you cut this out? Or is it there to hold them helmet into the correct place and you cut it out once your helmet is solid?

These last 3 threads are all necro posts. In case your unaware of what necro posting is it is when u post on some thing that is over 3 (i think) months old or otherwise considered a dead thread. Necro posting is highly frowned upon in the forums. Please check the dates of the last post before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back