1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Halo 3 Marine from cardboard-first build!

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by mumgoot, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM.

1. mumgoot

mumgoot Jr Member

Hey everyone!

So I'm excited to show you my first armor build, a cardboard Halo 3-style marine.

Accuracy is going to be iffy, as I am more concerned with getting it built with a cool paint job than I am getting it accurate, but hopefully it will turn out well.

Not much to look at right now, but here it is. I plan on adding extra detail to the armor by adding on layers of cardboard of varying thickness. I also have a plastic helmet that won't be accurate, but might look good enough with a sharp paintjob and weathering. I might just buy a Sgt. cap and that would work too.

I hope to keep working on it and have progress to show you guys. I just started today.(y)

2. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Looks good. I might suggest cutting it shorter, though. The length you have it at now will interfere with movement, and the loser of that argument will be the armor.

Looks good, though. Good tip I like to remember in life is this: take care of the small details as best you can, the big stuff will take care of itself.

Looking forward to seeing more of this

mumgoot likes this.
  3. mumgoot

mumgoot Jr Member

Yeah, that's a good point. I should be able cut it without messing anything up. I added some more details, but on the top part where it doesn't need cutting. I plan on posting updates later today. Thanks!

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  4. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

while I cant say anything about your armor yet as it is in the most basic of stages your drawing is just fantastic. excited to see how the armor develops, good luck!

mumgoot likes this.
  5. mumgoot

mumgoot Jr Member

Yeah I know the armor looks like... a hunk of cardboard right now. Thanks
    Thanks!

6. mumgoot

mumgoot Jr Member

That was kind of weird. I only meant to say thanks, but the original message was still there. Oh well!

7. mumgoot

mumgoot Jr Member

Well, I didn't do those updates I said I was planning on. Hopefully I will make more progress and have something to show for it soon.