Halo 3 marine W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaninja

About three days ago I started building armor to have for my senior pictures.I have been working nonstop sense then only to take a couple of breaks like the one I'm taking now to write this. Here is what I have so far.

unsc_marine_wip_1_by_seaninja951-d3bkdur.jpg

unsc_marine_wip_2_by_seaninja951-d3bken8.jpg

unsc_marine_wip_3_by_seaninja951-d3bkfhv.jpg

I know it's not much for three days, but I had to go out this morning and play with $3,000 cameras (I'm a camera op for my church :p). I have one problem with the build... I have a tight deadline.... one week. This is a mission imposable but I think I can do it. I'm not building the helmet because I plan to use my UNSC marine cap instead. I also won't build elbow pads because I can buy a pair of pads from goodwill to save time. I don't expect this to look fancy or anything. I just expect it to get me through the day. I do plan on putting a thick layer of resin on the inside of the armor and painting it. this is all for now. I need to get back to work If I want to make the deadline. Oh the reason I started a week before the pictures is because I was told about the pictures three days ago. just going to throw that in here to prove that I'm not a lazy procrastinator... Which I am but that's not the point I'm trying to make. More updates to come as they happen.

Sean.

I REALLY hate to re-post, but I think this deserves a post of it's own and not an edit.
UPDATE TIME!
I just finished building the back armor minus the bits on the sides. I'm not sure If I should just leave them off for now or if I really need them.
and now for some pix :)

unsc_marine_w_i_p__4_by_seaninja951-d3bl4j0.jpg

unsc_marine_w_i_p_5_by_seaninja951-d3bl5h0.jpg

So do I really need the parts on the sides? It would seem that it would be easier to move in without them. Next up, The shoulders...

you should make them yes i made the mistake of not making them and felt like a burro while wearing it. I definately suggest making the side peices they are on the in game modles if you take a close look.

easy there. try not to rush anything. the chest peice looks a little warp. take your time with the gluing proceeds.

p.s. the game (refering to your avatar) has been over for 2 years. it ended when the british prime minister said he lost the game on a public announcement.

@ gakkengod: Ok then I guess I should get back to work lol
@ AI Blue Fox: I'm really not rushing anything. I'm just not taking many breaks so I can have this finished by Friday... hence the mission impossible title I gave it in the first post . I know it looks warped because it is... But I can fix it when I fiberglass. thanks for the concern though.
p.s. YOU LIE!!! It only ends when he says the game is up during a press conference. According to my knowledge, He has yet to say that.

Well I don't care... I (along with about 5,000 other people) still play it. soooooooooo you lost the game LOL.

thanks man.
I have decided not to put the side parts on the armor for time reasons. I will more than likely rebuild the chest armor after this whole ordeal is over. Oh! One more thing. Remind me to use my resperator when using super glue. I think the fumes from the glue have been causing my nose to bleed for the last two days ._.

Update time:(
I Will not make the deadline... nuff said. I have run out of time (thank you family for not leaving me alone and making me go places that I don't want to go) and I have run out of resources (I can only thank myself for that. this is what I get for not having a job). I will still finish the build, but It will now be done right....maybe. So to all you guys out there who were thinking " This dude is crazy" and "If he pulls this off, I will eat my respirator", you were right and you don't have to eat the respirator. I know this probably just reeks of teen angst, and well... it does... but its the truth. I know that it takes time to make something good, and I didn't expect it to be good at all. other than me wanting to be in armor for my pictures, I wanted to prove that it is possible to build armor in a week. Oh well I guess I was wrong. hopefully my next update will be a good one with progress pictures and maybe a video. until next time... :(
*gets up from computer and shuts the door behind me*

that bites dude... i think you could make your deadline if you did some 12to 20hr build nights you could some how scratch it together right at the buzzer. wish i would've thought about it sooner i have a marine armor done im trying to get rid of... helmet, shins, knees whole nine. minus the hex peices and the side parts on the chest..

yeah that would have helped. Oh well. I would be able to finish it but I ran out of glue, I don't have resin, and I don't have paint. So I could do it, but I'm unable to.

It took me about a day to pep and I just got to put a little fiberglass on it about a month ago. I built it last summer and it wasn't too hard to do. I still need to put more fiberglass on it, put a little bondo on the warped spots, sand it, paint it, put a back on it, put a handle on the back, and put a belt on the back... sounds fun doesn't it lol.

Halo 3 UNSC marine wip.

Good news! I just got my fiberglass resin, and you all know what that means... UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!! The only thing I'm going to do right now is put resin on the chest and back armor (I forgot to get the actual fiberglass...), but it will be a thick layer of resin so It might work. Ill post video and/or pics later today.

I hate making more than one post in a row but it's update time again... I just got "finished" fiberglassing and resining my marine chest core. I ran out of liquid hardener at the very end ( the hole I made at the top of the tube was too big, so I used too much). from what I saw the side of the armor looked extremely warped. I almost flipped out and I had to hold myself back from using very colorful words (I do not swear... I'm a goody two shoes :p). I might be able to fix it with bondo if it's bad, but I might be able to get away with it if it's not. Ill post pics as soon as it's dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back