Halo 3 MKVI-Foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nif Ordo

Hey Guys I've started working on the recon variant of the mkvi armor and look forward to posting my progress! Right now though I was wondering if anyone who's build this armor before could could maybe send some tips my way because for what ever reason this seems to be more difficult for me than my reach and odst build.

A good tip that I like to go by is to treat every part you work on like you want it to look professionall and don't rush yourself. Don't really have any other advise except to take your time and be careful with your cuts. It's just a different suit, not much different from your other ones.

Thanks will do! This is just my third attempt with it and for what ever reason the parts like the shoulders I can never get right with the files in the armory.

Yeah, it can be very frustrating. Patience and persistence are key here, that's why you always (presumably) heard that growing up. Stuck to it till the job is done, you know? Anyway, looking forward to seeing this when you get it up and running.

Thanks will do! This is just my third attempt with it and for what ever reason the parts like the shoulders I can never get right with the files in the armory.

What's the problem you're encountering?

What's the problem you're encountering?
Well this is my 2nd attempt at the armor (the first was my first armor set...) and i think just the way the templates are set up more than anything just through me off so much that most of the parts always come out all wonky and its like all the other templates i get from the armory just like flow together( its hard to explain but its probably just an me issue). Sorry I don't have pics of the original set I did I just got in the habbit of doing progress photos..

Have you looked up "Evil Ted" on YouTube? That guy makes it look easy, and he makes the patterns up as he goes. If you take a bit of creative liberty and use the folded pic in the program as a guide, I bet you'll have a better time of it this time around.

Also PROGRESS PICS!!! :p

Will do! I've already started on the bottom half of the armor once i get a decent way though i'll post some pics! Quick question though since i 3d print my helmets and can only find files for the halo 4 recon helmet would it be an issue it i used that with this armor set?

Yes. Huge issue. Impossible. Unable to continue.

Aahahahahaha! dude 3D printed is awesome, and I think it's going to look great on a mark VI suit. (Ugly as sin, though! I like the Halo 3 vanilla helmet...)

Yes. Huge issue. Impossible. Unable to continue.

Aahahahahaha! dude 3D printed is awesome, and I think it's going to look great on a mark VI suit. (Ugly as sin, though! I like the Halo 3 vanilla helmet...)
Dude love that one too and there files for it on thingyvers I do use instead but the Reach Recon is my fav but i dont have the ability or a good enough computer to make those models or convert them sadly :( if all else fails I got my old MKV to fall back on.

33945014_1725500287570746_3838188594833391616_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back