Halo 3 ODST Concept Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeastBuster

Hey, just thought I would show everyone the ODST concept helmet I pepped. It will be awhile before I can harden it since money is pretty tight right now. I might make another anyway since this one is pretty tight. It fits on my head but doesn't really give me a lot of room to play around. Overall, it came out pretty good, some warpage. It was probably set too smooth in Pepakura...

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

Neat helmet mate. Can't wait to see it finished. I'll def be watching this thread

I like the vent fins on it, but I think that the forehead part comes out too far past the visor. Just my two cents. Other than that, it looks great! Keep it up!

I like the concept helmet. I think more pep builders should work out of the box more with diff things on armor, and diff looks to the same - o - same stuff. It shows what is running inside your head, and i like it.

great modeling an peping of the helmet dude. o and btw not to be a bother but i cant find the helmet file and it looks fun to build,so basically can u help a bro out?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I like the vent fins on it, but I think that the forehead part comes out too far past the visor. Just my two cents. Other than that, it looks great! Keep it up!

Yeah, the fins are what made me decide I had to make this helmet. Though I am just the opposite about the brim lol. I brought it out further intentionally because I didn't like the lack of brim in the standard helmets.

great modeling an peping of the helmet dude. o and btw not to be a bother but i cant find the helmet file and it looks fun to build,so basically can u help a bro out?

Lol I think you would have a hard time finding the file seeing as I created the model for this helmet.

I am new to modeling and this helmet is only the second complete model I have ever done. As such, I was pretty nervous about how it would turn out in pep. Needless to say, I was able to build it so it worked out. This was also my first ever unfold so I know for a fact it is messy. Though if you really want the .pdo I can give it to you.

After having built it, I am probably going to tweak the model some more and make a second version of this helmet. Though once I do I would really appreciate someone who knows what they are doing to unfold it for everybody :)

Anyways here are a couple of scale comparisons with my MKVI helmet. They are both scaled to 26.5 cm height.

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

And this one has my spartan laser in it just for fun lol. I figure since I can't really go on to the next steps yet, I can show you all some of the things I have pepped.

DSC_0392.jpg

I always did like the look o the concept helmet more than the ingame. I still have plans to muddy mine to look like it. For only your second model you did a good job. Your pep looks great. I know the splaser is a nightmare in pep, so props to you for taking it on. Keep it up.

I always did like the look o the concept helmet more than the ingame. I still have plans to muddy mine to look like it. For only your second model you did a good job. Your pep looks great. I know the splaser is a nightmare in pep, so props to you for taking it on. Keep it up.

Same here, it just looks cooler lol.

Thanks for the compliments!! While the laser wasn't the most time consuming pep I have done, it was definitely the most difficult...

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Yeah, the fins are what made me decide I had to make this helmet. Though I am just the opposite about the brim lol. I brought it out further intentionally because I didn't like the lack of brim in the standard helmets.

Lol I think you would have a hard time finding the file seeing as I created the model for this helmet.

I am new to modeling and this helmet is only the second complete model I have ever done. As such, I was pretty nervous about how it would turn out in pep. Needless to say, I was able to build it so it worked out. This was also my first ever unfold so I know for a fact it is messy. Though if you really want the .pdo I can give it to you.

After having built it, I am probably going to tweak the model some more and make a second version of this helmet. Though once I do I would really appreciate someone who knows what they are doing to unfold it for everybody :)

Anyways here are a couple of scale comparisons with my MKVI helmet. They are both scaled to 26.5 cm height.

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

And this one has my spartan laser in it just for fun lol. I figure since I can't really go on to the next steps yet, I can show you all some of the things I have pepped.

DSC_0392.jpg

Pretty Awesome, i don't think I have seen anyone model there own take on a helmet and i think more people should.
I dont know if this is because its next to the mark 6 but it looks like i could be a bit wider.

Pretty Awesome, i don't think I have seen anyone model there own take on a helmet and i think more people should.
I dont know if this is because its next to the mark 6 but it looks like i could be a bit wider.

While I wish I could say this was an ODST helmet from my imagination, it was based on this...

Halo_3__ODST_Concept_Wall_by_Dread_Kestrel.png

It actually is supposed to be a bit wider, it has no supports in it right now so the pep wants to narrow. A support bar across the helmet and it will widen by a few centimeters at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back