Halo 3:odst Or Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammba

well, I'm gonna make my first armour and I can't deside wether to make a Halo 3: ODST or a Mark VI

can someone help me plz?

wich is the best for a noob like me??

Jammba said:
well, I'm gonna make my first armour and I can't deside wether to make a Halo 3: ODST or a Mark VI

can someone help me plz?

wich is the best for a noob like me??

honestly..if you dont decide which YOU resonal like themost..you wont put the right effortinto it and you will regrettheoutcome..what armor do you like the most?

when you decide that..then you will be in the right mindframeto make a killer setof armor.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gnr8tnXXX said:
honestly..if you dont decide which YOU resonal like themost..you wont put the right effortinto it and you will regrettheoutcome..what armor do you like the most?

when you decide that..then you will be in the right mindframeto make a killer setof armor. :)

true that its not really a good idea for people to tell you what to make well because basically you didnt make the decision yourself although it is good to have support but irecommened doing the one you desire the most

If your going to use pepakura I sugest you make a few easy pieces first, or it is going to look bad. This should keep you going till THE RELEASE OF HALO 3 ODST ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol After that you should choosewhat you want to make (and there is really 3 choises:an ODST, your multiplayer charicter, and the cheif)

My friend and I are actually working on both right now. You'll have an easier time finding all the files for the Mark VI armor, but the pieces for the ODST armor are much simpler to construct. There are more pieces to the ODST costume, but they have far fewer nooks and crannies that might give you headaches in the construction process.

So if you're at the point where you consider both to be equally cool, and you'll be satisfied with either as an end product but want the easiest job, I would suggest going the route of the ODST armor - and not the WETA stuff. Not to knock the outrageous time and effort put into its conception, but the WETA armor has design and sizing flaws that ultimately caused my friend and I to scrap that project 7 pieces in.

The 2 biggest things to keep in mind either way, is patience and attention to detail. Without these two things, your armor will look like garbage. Too many people have either not taken the time to get the armor properly sized, haven't cared enough about accuracy of design, or generally aren't willing to put the extreme amount of time this sort of project requires to be done right. Making pepakura armor takes a LONG time. If you're not willing to take a LONG time and be careful, chances are your armor won't look very good. Don't rush it, take your time, and take care in what you're doing. It all pays off in the end.

NAGA said:
My friend and I are actually working on both right now. You'll have an easier time finding all the files for the Mark VI armor, but the pieces for the ODST armor are much simpler to construct. There are more pieces to the ODST costume, but they have far fewer nooks and crannies that might give you headaches in the construction process.

So if you're at the point where you consider both to be equally cool, and you'll be satisfied with either as an end product but want the easiest job, I would suggest going the route of the ODST armor - and not the WETA stuff. Not to knock the outrageous time and effort put into its conception, but the WETA armor has design and sizing flaws that ultimately caused my friend and I to scrap that project 7 pieces in.

The 2 biggest things to keep in mind either way, is patience and attention to detail. Without these two things, your armor will look like garbage. Too many people have either not taken the time to get the armor properly sized, haven't cared enough about accuracy of design, or generally aren't willing to put the extreme amount of time this sort of project requires to be done right. Making pepakura armor takes a LONG time. If you're not willing to take a LONG time and be careful, chances are your armor won't look very good. Don't rush it, take your time, and take care in what you're doing. It all pays off in the end.

This guy knows his stuff. I don't really have anything to add, so free empty quote I guess

Gnr8tnXXX said:

when you decide that..then you will be in the right mindframeto make a killer setof armor. :)

I desided to go for the Mark VI before I saw that someone replied (I grew tired of waiting :) )

Thanks for all the replies they would really been of great help if I had not desided on my own before I saw them :p

NAGA said:
The 2 biggest things to keep in mind either way, is patience and attention to detail. Without these two things, your armor will look like garbage.

I could not agree more. These are the steps to becoming great in the costuming community. good luck with your build. I'm doing an ODST right know, so feel free to ask for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back