Halo 3: Odst | Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Static

Jr Member
I'm sure most of you are excited about Halo 3 ODST, as well as I. I know there are some good pep files for ODST's, but what about the new ODST's from Halo 3 ODST?

Look at the difference here.

ODST from Halo 3 (original)
Halo3_ODST_01_2copy5.jpg

ODST from Halo 3: ODST | Notice the arms have more detail.
inline_rookie.gif

I'm sure you guys see the difference in terms of detail. I think we need some updated files for these new and cooler looking ODST's.
Don't you agree?

link4044 said:
well get on them then :cautious:
:lol: I hope you're not angry though. You can make them anytime you want.

EDIT: It appears he was asking me to do it. I feel like a butt hole. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, I think he meant for you to get on them. :D

I'm not any good with modeling, but I'm sure it's a rather long and drawn out process. It may be easier (for now) to pep the original ODST armor from Halo 3 and modify them after they're built. There are differences, major differences in the gauntlets and the shoulders, but other than that, they're very minor. Mostly stuff added to the armor.

carpathiavh99 said:
Uh, I think he meant for you to get on them. :D

I'm not any good with modeling, but I'm sure it's a rather long and drawn out process. It may be easier (for now) to pep the original ODST armor from Halo 3 and modify them after they're built. There are differences, major differences in the gauntlets and the shoulders, but other than that, they're very minor. Mostly stuff added to the armor.
Oh, I thought he meant we'll, not well. I figured he was going to do it since he's a moderator.

Anyway, I'll just wait for someone to model the new pieces. I have all the time in the world (actually 3 months).

And Warhound, I hope your friend models it :) . Thanks for requesting it.

City Static said:
I'm sure most of you are excited about Halo 3 ODST, as well as I. I know there are some good pep files for ODST's, but what about the new ODST's from Halo 3 ODST?

Look at the difference here.

ODST from Halo 3 (original)
Halo3_ODST_01_2copy5.jpg

ODST from Halo 3: ODST
inline_rookie.gif

I'm sure you guys see the difference in terms of detail. I think we need some updated files for these new and cooler looking ODST's.
Don't you agree?

i would wait till a pep file comes out

its not really that diffrent whats catching your eye is the color change and how there is patches and pockets attached but those you wouldnt pep anyway, and the front pockets just need to be cut a bit no need for diffrent pep files in my opinion

box o crayons said:
its not really that diffrent whats catching your eye is the color change and how there is patches and pockets attached but those you wouldnt pep anyway, and the front pockets just need to be cut a bit no need for diffrent pep files in my opinion
The arms have much more detail, and the chest piece is slightly different. I wasn't planing on attaching anything though. Probably too much weight for the armor I assume.
I wanted some files for Dutch's or Romeo's ODST helmets as well.

i scatch build most of my parts. if i want it done i'll do it myself and not set around and wait for someone do it for me

link4044 said:
i scatch build most of my parts. if i want it done i'll do it myself and not set around and wait for someone do it for me
I have no clue how to model armor parts. Is there a thread that shows me how, because I'm a good sculptor, so I'm sure doing the same thing on a computer wont be hard. But like I said, I don't know how to do it.

I think what he means is that he doen't use pep on most of his parts. He takes cardboard or carstock in some cases and comes up with a "scratch" built piece of armor. He cuts and folds where he sees fit in order to make the parts work. Get it.

DYSTORTED INC said:
I think what he means is that he doen't use pep on most of his parts. He takes cardboard or carstock in some cases and comes up with a "scratch" built piece of armor. He cuts and folds where he sees fit in order to make the parts work. Get it.
I see. I'm not really that skilled since I've never peped before, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks guys.
I would still prefer someone (with skills) to pep the arms. :cautious:

May I suggest downloading some pep files and the pepakura program to get some practice in. The ODST from Halo 3 and the New model are pretty close to one another. You could do the pieces that are the same, and for the ones that are different like the forearms, scratch build those. Or you could actually build the Halo3 version and just add the extra details to it by adding cardboard details that are scratched and use some bondo for the finishing.

DYSTORTED INC said:
May I suggest downloading some pep files and the pepakura program to get some practice in. The ODST from Halo 3 and the New model are pretty close to one another. You could do the pieces that are the same, and for the ones that are different like the forearms, scratch build those. Or you could actually build the Halo3 version and just add the extra details to it by adding cardboard details that are scratched and use some bondo for the finishing.
Will do. Thanks for your tips. I'm looking forward to wearing this armor. :D

To me, it seems like a small revert to a halo 2 style of ODST, but with the additional smoothness of the new Halo 3 version. This would make sense, because ODST takes place a little before the original Halo 3 story, so it might be a slight upgrade from a Halo 2 version, before the official Halo 3 one.

The most distinct difference between the two games is weathering, in Halo 3 the ODST armor is matte, or plain. But in Halo 3: ODST the armor is weathered, damaged, etc. I think the only difference would be to go ahead and streak or airbrush silver across the armor.

Ultimate Sky said:
To me, it seems like a small revert to a halo 2 style of ODST, but with the additional smoothness of the new Halo 3 version. This would make sense, because ODST takes place a little before the original Halo 3 story, so it might be a slight upgrade from a Halo 2 version, before the official Halo 3 one.

I looks like a Halo 3 upgrade to me. What I really wanted a pep file for is the forearms and shoulders.

the only things i see are different are the pieces close to the elbow and a back pack and maybe the shoulders, ill do alittle more research on this and ill get started on whats different :)

Hey guys. (By the way, I'm new around here). Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't know in City Static's pictures which was the new and which was the old ODST armor. However, I saw this as a chance to make my first real contribution to the community. I just saw "Need new ODST armor" and thought, "Well, there you go, get started." So, after making some sketches from a PICTURE (*clicky*) I googled, I made my first armor model. Ever. (A 3D model, not a pep model). In fact, I stayed up until 2 in the morning to finish it just to see how it turned out. I don't honestly know if this armor has already been modeled (that would be a shame) or if it's even new (heck, I don't know if anyone will want to build it). Anyway, I made a pretty accurate (but without paying insane attention to detail, as I know a few of us do 'round here ... cough, cough) model for the ODST shoulder amor featured for the game on the front of the GameInformer magazine. I hope you like it (I know you will if you don't have the patience for the really smooth versions of the Mark VI shoulder armor).

Anyway, the model has 321 faces (which isn't too bad), and a lot less if you set your Pepakura Degree Threshhold to around 165 degrees (in fact, I just did that, and it looks very smooth, with few actual faces). Because I don't own a copy of Pepakura Designer with a password, I can't upload a real pepakura file. So I'll just put the .obj file online in hopes that no one will steal credit for it. PLEASE if you want unique shoulder amor, at least try to construct this. I'd LOVE to know how it turned out (I myself am just busy with other pieces at the moment). The amor might be fun to wear because it's actually in three pieces (which would make for an interesting strapping setup). I'll quit talking and just upload the file. Serisouly. If you like it at all, PLEASE feel free to build it. I just wanna know how it turns out, so keep my posted!

=============================================================================

NOTICE: For first time readers, this is an edit I made a few days later. I replaced the .obj file with updated, real Pepakura files for security reasons. I took the .obj files off my virtual drive anyway, so the link would be dead. Here's the latest models:

Base Shoulder Model:
Modeled By: Nightshade
Unfolded By: MrOreo123

ODST_Shoulder_Nightshade_MrOreo123.pdo

Base Shoulder Model:
Unfolded By: HeavyGunner

Odst_Shoulder_H3odst_NightShade_Unfold_HeavyGunner.pdo

Base Shoulder Model:
Unfolded By: 222NotForYou

ODST_shoulder_Nightshade_Unfold_by_222.pdo

Sniper Shields/Plates Model:
Unfolded By: HeavyGunner

Odst_Sniper_Plates_H3odst_NightShade_Unfold_HeavyGunner.pdo

Sniper Shields/Plates Model:
Unfolded By: MrOreo123

odst_sniper_platesv3_Unfolded_by_MrOreo123_v1.pdo

- Thanks to everyone who contributed to these files. This is the end of my edit

============================================================================

PICTURES!

odstshoulderreference.jpg

The Reference Source

odstshoulderfront.jpg

My Quick Sketch

modelingscreenshot.jpg

The Modeling Stage

pepscreenshot1.jpg

pepscreenshot2.jpg

pepscreenshot3.jpg

pepscreenshot4.jpg

Pepakura Screenshots!

====================================================

Sorry about the big pics. Understand this was three in the morning. Don't ask me why.

P.S. - I doubt many have been that productive before thier seventh post! I told the mods I would, so I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back