Halo 3 PC trailer; High res weapon pic references.

ArBiTeR1400

Jr Member
So the trailer for Halo 3/MCC PC come out, was I the only one that drooled over these?
Notice some extra detail such the weird QR code on the handle & two screw/bolt on the front top cover area.
Overall love the high poly count of these renders of the MA5C & the BR55HB. If only 343i could release these updated renders for public fair use so I can 3D print these bad boys, I'll die a happy man. :lol:
vlcsnap-2020-07-08-11h11m07s314.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-08-11h13m27s757.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-08-11h13m57s887.png
vlcsnap-2020-07-08-11h16m00s668.png

plasmarain21

So wait, did they remaster the graphics on this one too? From what I remember, the anniversary edition of Halo 3 on Xbox had the same graphics as the original game. Anyway, all I have to say is this - I can't believe this day has finally come. For years Halo 3 PC seemed impossible but here it is...

mkshane81

Amazing resolution! Regarding the grip on the AR, I believe that what we are seeing is the light play on the knurled grip, rather than a QR code.

-Matt

ArBiTeR1400

Jr Member
Nah, not remastered. It's just part of the trailer, It looks to be the new slipspace engine to show the weapons, they took the existing 3D model asset & did it up by adding more polys to the existing asset giving it more dept where it originally suppose instead of using a graphic mesh over the model asset to give it the illusion of detail & dept.

I'm not 100% sure if it's technically "DotCode" used in industrial machine assets to keep logistics in order from constant environmental abuse (If so, want to see if their is an easter-egg :lol:) or as you said being knurled grip. If just a grip, why just the bottom? Can't be a shadow hiding it, the top part thumb area is showing wear through the shadow. I don't know, just looks off to me.