Halo 3 Sean Bradley helmet mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuts4Accuracy

So, i had this helmet for over a year now, and decided a while back to go and modify the shape a little bit in some areas.

I'm not sure if modding helmets is disrespectful here or not, so if someone could tell me, that'd be great!

I know so far it's a bit rough, but i'm in the filing and bondo-ing stage still, trying to make the helmet as symmetric as possible by hand.

Sorry, i don't have any pics of what it looked liked on my first patch of Bondo ! xD

But the back of the helmet is where you can see the SB come out from :D

Just the full view, don't know if it's the camera, but in my eyes, it's mean't to be a bit wider...

Full view.jpg

Just a pic of the jaw

Jaw.jpg
Underneath.jpg
Halo odst 2.jpg
Top cap.jpg
Back.jpg

Been on and off with this helmet, hopefully i get it done before school starts again >.< that's in 3 days

It's still pretty rough though, would've helped i my mouse sanders velcro didn't fall apart >.<

Originally the helmet was intended to look like the Legacy Effects one, than i decided to remove the bolts and rivets that i originally put in, and bondo over the gaps..

I cant decide xD whether or not if I want a Weta, Legacy Effects, halo 3 or halo 3 odst.

They're all different in design, but from the way i'm looking at it now, A casual halo 3 one would save much more time.

Need to make a phony-visor to go in place.
Though, because this is heavy (Around 5kg) it won't be wearable, so on the shelf it goes...

BTW, just between you and me, use sharpies on the edges to help determine symmetry in a mirror ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the poor pics, don't know where my camera went :confused

Bad News: Ran out of Body Filler, don't get money until thursday :p

Good News: Just finished the rasp filing on the front half the helmet, currently in the smoothing process...

Having problems with some of the other layers of body filler flaking off and staying soft >.< I think it was old or something, not the first time though, had the exact same problem with primers at bunnings being out of date during purchase and having curing problems....

Always check the date.

Anyways, school is getting in the way of things, and is only letting me have 2 hours to work on it each weekday >.<
Got it about 40% Done...
Still needs hell lot of sanding, bondo, shaping, carving, detailing etc... Already wasted 5kg of Body filler on it xD

Got to prime it :p

P.S. No, i didn't find my good camera, my ****ty heap of phone will have to do
Why are you reading these.jpgIt's a image, don't get carried away..jpgEWWWWW, rough helmets.....jpg

Having problems with some of the other layers of body filler flaking off and staying soft >.< I think it was old or something, not the first time though, had the exact same problem with primers at bunnings being out of date during purchase and having curing problems....

Always check the date.

Anyways, school is getting in the way of things, and is only letting me have 2 hours to work on it each weekday >.<
Got it about 40% Done...
Still needs hell lot of sanding, bondo, shaping, carving, detailing etc... Already wasted 5kg of Body filler on it xD

Got to prime it :p

P.S. No, i didn't find my good camera, my ****ty heap of phone will have to do
View attachment 26105View attachment 26106View attachment 26107

So, i pretty much need to still give the jaw and cheeks more symmetry, fill in some gaps with bondo, sand, detail, sharpen etc.

Anyways, I get some extra money tomorrow, going to buy some bondo, sandpaper, primers and a boom co magnum... xD, just for my... future spartan costume....

Sean, i hope your watching this xD look at me destroy something that was once precious to me xD

BTW, the reason i'm modding this is stated at the top of the thread... I had this sitting around and decided to mod it... The reason i never finished painting this, is because it fell down on the grass during the painting process, and screwed the back of the helmet :p

Well, for a grass dropping screwed up back helmet........looks great. :D Keep going.

So, just wen't down to the store, got some more supplies+ extra...

Question: Does anyone know what type screws/bolts are used on the Halo 3: Multiplayer ODST helmet? Can't seem to find a good image.

If there isn't any, i may just have to resort to the old weta helmet screws, slotted screws and socket heads...

So guys, sorry for this 5 months+ dead thread, school was getting in the way, and I was having budget restrictions. Now I've graduated my twelth year at High School (Last year of college to you Americans, lol) Now I'm finding a job. It's hard at the moment, since They want you to be

A: under 18 (Im turning 17 next month)
B: Have manual car license (Going for a test in Jan, you have to be 17 to have a license to drive a car on your own)
C: Own car... Which contradicts A since I don't know many people with a car under 18 here...

So, it's hard. Either spend 2 years in an unrelated job to get a car, and be 19 and no longer be acceptable for an apprenticeship, or choose a completely different work direction... man, life sucks. ( Although I've always wanted to be a director :^) )

Okay, let's not get off track, I'll try to post a pic of where I left off... It's ugly at the moment. No better than before.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0076.JPG here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back