1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Halo 3: Shipmaster (Half Jaw) Build W.I.P!!

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by HeadLocks, Nov 12, 2017.

1. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Hello all!

There's an Elite sized hole in my heart, so today marks day one of filling it!

I plan to complete The Shipmaster (his name is Rtas Vadum so lets go with that from now on) by February 2018 just in time for RTX Sydney.

Thanks for looking, I'll be updating this thread regularly over the next 3 months!

SNIPER01 and Cadet like this.
  2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Dude, sorry about the hole in your heart...........Lets hope you get it filled by Feb.......otherwise it's going to be a bit more painful. Happy Early Valentine's Day.....

HeadLocks likes this.
  3. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Rtas is one of my favorite Covenant characters. Love his scene with the Arbiter in the Dropship in Halo 2.

Build looks nice and clean so far. Will be keeping an eye on your progress, and good luck!

HeadLocks and Dirtdives like this.
  4. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

I cut off Rtas' left mandables (poor guy). Still working out details and positioning of the face, but so far so good.

orca_share_media1510899689253.JPG

5. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

I hardly have the perseverance to create a set of spartan armor, i cannot imagine what it takes to make a fully fledged rtas cosplay, I hope that heart of yours gets filled.... but i mean your heart must be pretty big... your looking at a 7ft tall hole in your heart.

HeadLocks likes this.
  6. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

Now take your image of a 7 foot tall heart and imagine how tall he must be

Anyway HeadLocks nice work so far, hoping to see more soon

HeadLocks likes this.
  7. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Torso base is built \owo/

I just realised how much time I don't have to get this done so let the grind commence.

orca_share_media1513062777775.JPG

8. Cadet

Looking good,

Dirtdives and HeadLocks like this.
  9. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Arms are built. I think I'm going to redo the shoulders and make them a little bigger.

It's good to see this starting to come together!

orca_share_media1513759445162.JPG

10. Benton188

Benton188

Oh man, this is turning out great! Do you plan on making the legs bend backwards like they do or you going to keep it simple?

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  11. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Yep I'll be trying to sell the effect of digitigrade legs as best I can. Hopefully I'll make a start on those in the next couple of weeks!

Benton188 likes this.
  12. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Shins and feet! (stilts are w.i.p)

Currently working on thigh armor and starting to work on sculpting the hands.

I have like 2 weeks to get this whole suit done, I'm moving house soon.

orca_share_media1514859238285.JPG

13. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

I can almost test fit the entire Elite!

From here I need to make the shoulders around 15-20% larger, add details to all the armor pieces and finalize my stilts.

Things are looking good and I'm making good time. I will be ready for RTX Sydney!

orca_share_media1515073319625.JPG

14. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Your build is looking awesome. I especially love the way you built the legs.

15. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Thank you!

If there is one thing I wanted to get right in this build, it was getting the legs to look digitigrade.

16. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

WOW, those are some big ass feet!!! Great job man. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

HeadLocks and PaiganBoi like this.
  17. Cadet

What was the name of that Halo 2 mission? "Your ass, my size 24 hoof?"

18. Hein B107

Hein B107

start of the last mission: the great journey. you get ready to steal a scarab together with rtas vadum

HeadLocks likes this.
  19. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Finally got it all together (pretty much all of it anyway).

I plan to complete this within the week!

orca_share_media1515758912447.JPG

20. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

A video showing early stage movement.

21. Cadet

This is incredible as always!

When you are finished, I would love to see you put in a Deployment aplication with it. I would love to see you as the First Deployed Elite costume, and I think your costume could serve as a fantastic model for the Tier 1 or 2 level Elite costume!

22. HeadLocks

HeadLocks

Thank you!

I turn 18 on the 12th of Feb, I'll certainly put an application through then!

Also the first deployed Elite?? I thought there wouldve been at least a couple!

Dirtdives likes this.
  23. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

I agree with Cadet! This is a super fun build and would love to see more like this! I am also glad you are sharing on the forum as well!

Dirtdives likes this.
  24. Cadet

Covenant costumes aren't super popular. Honestly, I can only think of like maybe 3 other Elite costumes I have ever seen finished or get close to where you are now.

We do have one Deployed Hunter, but the over whelming majority of our Deployed costumes are SPARTANS and ODSTS.

Dirtdives likes this.
  25. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

I better start pushing CplYapFlip to start working on her Grunt then

Dirtdives likes this.