Halo 3 Spartan Laser (3D Printing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown(1)(2).png

After building almost every unsc weapon at least once, its time for the spartan laser, got it fully 3d modeled and sliced, and the printing process begins now, going to be printing it all on 2 cr10 machines and using a steel emt tube for structural support, its the halo 3 variant... Will update as new progress is made.

Should be fun to watch! You doing electronic components in it or a static model? Good luck!

20200307_205511.jpg
12 parts printed, got 2 big ones and 4 small ones left. Client requested me to swap the steel pipe with a wood dowel, doesnt fit as tight, but with some friction fitting with tape and epoxy it should be fine. Using a new acrylic glue on this one and after some testing its quite strong.

Last edited:
Man this is exciting! Just curious, what infill are you printing at? Also whats your plan for sanding/clean up on this huge beautiful monstrosity. How much does it weigh/expected to weigh?

3-5% for most parts, not gonna do much cleanup as far as getting rid of every layer line, trying to keep it under 10 pounds

Under ten pounds LoL. That's light! I attached the decal and stencil designs I used to finish mine. They are scaled to the full-size 38.3 inch Halo Encyclopedia specs. Hopefully they will be useful to you. I am loving seeing this come together.

Redshirt
Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass

Attachments

• SplaserDecalMKII.jpg
    SplaserDecalMKII.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Splaser Decal.jpg
    Splaser Decal.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Splaser Decal2.jpg
    Splaser Decal2.jpg