Halo 4 custom Hazop build

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloodHunter

Halo 4 Hazop was on my dream projects list for a very long time, and now it's finally time to start this build.
So here is my build plan:
-Helmet - Hazop + cmn attachment
-Chest - Hazop
-Shoulders - Hazop
-Forearms - Halo 5 Techician/Recruit hand
-Thighs - LG-50 Bulk
-Knees - LG-50 Bulk
-Shins - LG-50 Bulk
-Boots - LG-50 Bulk
-Attachment - Tactical/Trauma kit
-Undersuit
-Weapons:
Main - M395 DMR + energy bayonet
Secondary - Boltshot

Colours:

Urban/stealth camo + crimson/raspberry-ish visor-lights (That's final)

Last edited:
Okay so... it isn't update on my build (i'm designing undersuit now) but few months ago me and my friends came out with an idea, and I was thinking for a long time if is it good to share in here, but here it is:
So basically we have a dream to make a fan film (I know, I'm not even 16, deal with it, it only means we have more time to think it out), about Flood Containment Spartan Fireteam set between Halo 3 and Halo 4, and it happened that my build kinda matches the theme and will be a testing bed to see how good can we build a spartan armor. Just thought I could share my idea, maybe someone will be a little bit interested... and maybe someone has some conceptions or views and could help, especially with writing intresting characters, cause we have outline of the story, but characters are... difficult...

Don't let your age be a limit - as you said, it means you have more time to think about it, and learn. "I wish I had started earlier" is a common expression amongst entrepreneurs.
Personally I'm not a story writer, BUT through props, cosplay and environment design, I really do enjoy telling and creating stories. I think character creation is important, maybe I could help with what I have learnt over the years? I've taught myself a few things by picking apart tales in games, books and movies. Also through life experiences.

I mean, any help is important. I don't expect it to be cinematic masterpiece, but after Halo 5 being... well... it... I don't want to make same mistakes. I would love to show you some of my and my friends ideas on that, but tbh I'm biggest Halo fan in that group but they are very hyped so...

My regiment is trying to put together a fan film. Biggest problem for us is money and leading adult lives with work and school and family responsibilities. So for what it's worth here are some pointers from me. And no, I don't have ANY film making experience prior to this:

1: save money and budget it wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

2: write a really good script, and then make it better, and then make it even better. Without good writing, it'll be crap. Like a lot of major Hollywood films.

3: save money. Budget wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

4: don't over do it. You will have limitations you have to work through, so keep it within your abilities.

5: save money and budget it wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

Oh, also, Celtx is a good online resource for managing scripts and so forth.

My regiment is trying to put together a fan film. Biggest problem for us is money and leading adult lives with work and school and family responsibilities. So for what it's worth here are some pointers from me. And no, I don't have ANY film making experience prior to this:

1: save money and budget it wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

2: write a really good script, and then make it better, and then make it even better. Without good writing, it'll be crap. Like a lot of major Hollywood films.

3: save money. Budget wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

4: don't over do it. You will have limitations you have to work through, so keep it within your abilities.

5: save money and budget it wisely. It's expensive if you wanna do a good job.

Oh, also, Celtx is a good online resource for managing scripts and so forth.

3 points about budget make so much sense, I need to try again making suits out of foam to reduce costs. Thanks for tips, I will definitely try Celtx, it may help a lot with writing.

So actual build has begun and not gonna lie, helmet is coming out pretty nicely,

IMG_20200319_204342.jpg

but... I started sculpting the glove... I don't know what life decisions led me to this but... please... send help...

IMG_20200319_203935.jpg

I dont dislike hazop but I wouldn't equip it. However, builds lime this sway my favorability towards the armorpeice to a more positive outlook. I think this looks great. All I can add is be carefull during the resin process and maybe before so, crisp up the edges by running a popsicle stick into them for a little less bondo work

I dont dislike hazop but I wouldn't equip it. However, builds lime this sway my favorability towards the armorpeice to a more positive outlook. I think this looks great. All I can add is be carefull during the resin process and maybe before so, crisp up the edges by running a popsicle stick into them for a little less bondo work
I really don't like working with resin... we'll see how it goes in few days. Bigger problem is that there is no bondo in here :confused: and I don't know any good alternatives which I could buy.

Last edited:
I don't know where you live, but try looking around in hardware stores in the automotive section if they have some filler. If they have multiple variants, take the non-special one, that should work. It should also say something of a mixing ratio of maybe about 2%(atleast that's on the stuff I have) and something about styrol. If you really can't find any, it's just polyester resin mixed with some thickening agent, usually talkum powder, so you could try mixing some yourself, but it's very unlikely that there is just none around you.

I think I can also post pic of helmet from the front (it looks way better from that perspective in my opinion) side by side with my Master Chief helmet. Also forgot to mension that this is my third attempt at making this helmet in the span of 4 days. Scaling is weird... And after hardening I'll add foam details.
1584809709580.png

It's not a bondo, but works pretty much the same.
View attachment 287471

I hate working with resin and fiberglass...
To anyone with future fiberglass builds, this is a little technique I personally do just to keep my works clean. After coating the pep with resin, I put plastic wrap over the piece before adding fiberglass and I peel it after I’ve put all the layers. I personally do this so I can avoid getting fibers stuck on the tacky surface or drips of resin which makes the sanding stage easier imo. 06706084-EA7A-46F9-BB10-CDA0F4A3A5BD.jpeg

To anyone with future fiberglass builds, this is a little technique I personally do just to keep my works clean. After coating the pep with resin, I put plastic wrap over the piece before adding fiberglass and I peel it after I’ve put all the layers. I personally do this so I can avoid getting fibers stuck on the tacky surface or drips of resin which makes the sanding stage easier imo. View attachment 287484

oh c'mon... guess I'll use this technique on other 3 helmets...

for a second I thought you two were the same person just talking to yourself because of the profile pictures lol.
I also hate working with resin and fiberglass. so dang sticky.
What i've seen suggested and I dont know if i've already said it in this thread, but if you use spray adhesive on the inside of the piece. you can attach all the fiberglass strips to it, then come back later with fiberglass resin to brush over all of the pieces in easier swoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back