Halo 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hey guys! What are your general thoughts on Halo 4? Any complaints? I know I have some... like the whole "not feeling like Halo" sort of thing. It feels too much like CoD on multiplayer and the story mode was WAYYYYY too rushed. I don't like how they wrapped up the whole deal with Cortana, makes a piece of my heart missing. I mean, they cant just separate the Chief and Cortana right? They're inseparable. I have way too many complaints at the moment. Where's Bungie when you need them. *sigh* Sorry in advance if this offends anyone, if it does Mods can close the thread. Feel free to post your likes/dislikes and complaints here.

What was the deal with MC walking out of the cryo tube in a different set of armor? Other than that i think i can live with the story line; and or the multipayer. The things i do like: the incredible graphics on the prologue and epilogue, and the Infinity missions.

I felt the story was often repetitive. Like when you had to disable the generators there was always two places with a tiny twist. Like in the third level, the first one introduced the prometheans and then next one was exactly the same except you saw the covenant fighting the prometheans. I also felt it didnt fully describe why the didact was important and it just said he wants to do this so kill him before he does this. This is fine for master chief but they should at least go into some detail so we know why he's so important. The graphics were a major step up. The multiplayer does feel like CoD but not too much. The things that they added like the grenade danger indicator and hit markers make more sense in halo than they ever did in CoD. I feel ordanance keeps campers away and stops there from being major battles just for power weapons and people overall focused on kills so they could get the ordanance. I think they got rid of Cortana as something big to cement their place as the new people of halo and get people to get hyped up for the next game to see how it all plays out. And kahnah, it is explained that nanotechnology allowed the firmware and armor to be changed.

I felt the story was often repetitive. Like when you had to disable the generators there was always two places with a tiny twist. Like in the third level, the first one introduced the prometheans and then next one was exactly the same except you saw the covenant fighting the prometheans. I also felt it didnt fully describe why the didact was important and it just said he wants to do this so kill him before he does this. This is fine for master chief but they should at least go into some detail so we know why he's so important. The graphics were a major step up. The multiplayer does feel like CoD but not too much. The things that they added like the grenade danger indicator and hit markers make more sense in halo than they ever did in CoD. I feel ordanance keeps campers away and stops there from being major battles just for power weapons and people overall focused on kills so they could get the ordanance. I think they got rid of Cortana as something big to cement their place as the new people of halo and get people to get hyped up for the next game to see how it all plays out. And kahnah, it is explained that nanotechnology allowed the firmware and armor to be changed.

The importance was because the forerunners engineered the surviving humans to evolve in a pre-planned way so that Chief and Cortana would happen. It's strange, but that's what the Librarian says, and that's why she 'advances' him in a way so that he would be immune to becoming 'data' like in the space station outside installation 03. If I understood right, the Didact is seeking revenge after the advanced humans killed twelve of his children when the forerunners defended themselves from the humans fleeing the flood.

The importance was because the forerunners engineered the surviving humans to evolve in a pre-planned way so that Chief and Cortana would happen.
It was not just that. They original "programming" that ultimately created Master Chief, also created the original Spartans. As for the Didact, I do not believe that he is truly dead... it just seemed a little easy.

Remember, the Covenant. Their story was never fully explained in CE, nor were the Flood...

well considering that Ur-Diadact(Bornstellar diadact has to be floating around somewhere or is dead from the firing of all seven rings firing at the battle of the Maginot Line) was/is immune to the composer himself and only got spaced I would think we haven't seen the last of his-royal-duchebagness-jerk-face.....

Now I don't be the pesimist here but I don't want the Librarian to somehow return to corporeal form and congradulate humanity after whatever will happen at the end of Halo 6...you how a lot of fantasy games are where the god or gods magically show up and congradulate the besieged hero or heroes after a long and possibly terrible battle.......NOT COOL game devs, not cool at all. All well we'll have to see Halo 6 in ironically 6 years or so to see how that pans out.

and for the record does anybody else think that forerunners are to qoute arnold: ugly -yoinking-...ers?

was expecting something a little more then the Wh40k Tau faces that we got, but it still is pretty good.

well considering that Ur-Diadact(Bornstellar diadact has to be floating around somewhere or is dead from the firing of all seven rings firing at the battle of the Maginot Line) was/is immune to the composer himself and only got spaced I would think we haven't seen the last of his-royal-duchebagness-jerk-face.....

Now I don't be the pesimist here but I don't want the Librarian to somehow return to corporeal form and congradulate humanity after whatever will happen at the end of Halo 6...you how a lot of fantasy games are where the god or gods magically show up and congradulate the besieged hero or heroes after a long and possibly terrible battle.......NOT COOL game devs, not cool at all. All well we'll have to see Halo 6 in ironically 6 years or so to see how that pans out.

and for the record does anybody else think that forerunners are to qoute arnold: ugly -yoinking-...ers?

was expecting something a little more then the Wh40k Tau faces that we got, but it still is pretty good.

I was actually rather happy with the less than "perfect" look. Its like you always expect a beautiful erm....race, but the fact that they defy expectations is nice. I wasn't big on the red lights however, its like everywhere you went, blue, blue, blue. This red didn't give me a forerunner feel really....but I suppose it was a type of prison so idk. The armor REALLY pissed me off. They could have easy (well relatively easily) Rendered an armor for before he met up with infinity, then switched it THEN. Its iconic, like taking a lightsaber and all of the sudden making it...idk.... slime.

lol slimesabers....

BoT:

I wasn't expecting pretty but the books(forerunner saga...i'm looking at you) certainly described a different facial structure then the one in game... oh well, but on a positive not at least they didn't go overboard right?

I thought the Librarian had some ethereal beauty to her.

As for the Didact, it was his last mutation - which happened after the books released so far - that made him so ugly.

I hope we'll get to see some more Forerunners in the following Halo games, now that 343 has decided to reveal their mysteries...

So does anyone else hate the new Warthog? The sound is horrible. It sounds like a red lining moped with an loud muffler. What were they thinking? And the design has been dumbed down.

The new armor has started to grow on me, but the Chief coming out of the cryo pod in the new suit really upset me. And their excuse was that Cortana updated his suit's firmware. That's the dumbest excuse ever.

Also, did anyone else feel that they ran out of ammo way too much. I found myself constantly picking up different weapons, because they could only hold 3 magazines.

Other than that I loved the graphics, and the story was pretty good, a bit rushed, but still good.

The new armor has started to grow on me, but the Chief coming out of the cryo pod in the new suit really upset me. And their excuse was that Cortana updated his suit's firmware. That's the dumbest excuse ever.

Actually, 343's excuse was that it's the armor he's been in the whole time. Notice that he and all the other spartans were wearing it in the flashback in the prologue. The only thing Cortana said she did was updated his firmware (microcode involved in the implementation of machine instructions that assist in operation of the suit), which explains the different and updated HUD and other features like the grenade warnings. I was really hoping that there was going to be a better explanation for the radical change in the suit. I can understand Cortana's appearance change since she's digital and can pretty much take on whatever form she wants, but to completely alter a suit we've been using and loving since 2004 with no logical explanation is kind of a kick in the pants if you ask me.

Like Justinian, the new armor (some of it anyway) is starting to grow on me. I find myself pondering different methods to create the undersuit (and I have a few promising ideas). A lot of the armor, however, is still pretty ugly. MOST of the helmets are kind of ridiculous and I doubt I'll change up my current helmet very often. But, after seeing the armor put onto Fire Team Majestic in the first episode of Spartan Ops, it got my mind reeling with ideas. So, we'll see.

As far as the story goes, I've got mixed feelings. I felt that it was pretty decent, right up until the end. So many questions of what happened to Cortana, and they had better be answered. If she's totally left out of the next two games, I'll be pretty surprised. I'm really curious to see the repercussions of John's evolutionary boost and what he can do.

Im not sure if I should get started with this.... but I'll start from the begining with what I have seen...

1. Forward Unto Dawn - Why has the ship design changed, I mean I understand if they rendered it with alot of damage and missing the engine nacelles off of the sides, but com'on...
2. Chief's Armor - One of the things I dont like about the armor is the sholders, they dont match the rest of the suit... also to change the suit at the Begining of the game, I mean WTF... I would of understood if they changed it once he caught up with Infinity...
3. Pelican's - Why??? Why for the love of God would you change the most Iconic Vehicle in the series to something that looks like a mutated Hind... WHY??????
4. Warthog - I like the model but hate the sound, It sounds like the H3 Mongoose...
5. Spartan IV's - I dont like most of the helmets, theres to much influance from other games... some of the more iconic helmets have been removed or redesigned like Comando, it looked a hundered times better in reach then it does in H4. and now the over abundance of EVA helmets, Rogue is the only one that makes sense, and whats with Oceanic, what are spartans doing in the ocean to begin with...
Heres the helmets I think dont make sense. EVA, Orbital, Oceanic, Wetworks, Aviator, Pioneer, Pathfinder, Stalker, Venator (even if its cool), Commando, Ranger, Raider, Locus, Strider, Fotus, CIO and Engineer... Scanner would have looked better without the cassete player. Tracker, I dont see the point but it fits the halo relm, same with Protector, Vanguard, Enforcer, Infiltrator, and Defender (yes I know its JFO, it just looks wierder)...

I'll have more once I play the game but overall I still cant wait.

Chris

So does anyone else hate the new Warthog? The sound is horrible. It sounds like a red lining moped with an loud muffler. What were they thinking? And the design has been dumbed down.

Also, did anyone else feel that they ran out of ammo way too much. I found myself constantly picking up different weapons, because they could only hold 3 magazines.

Other than that I loved the graphics, and the story was pretty good, a bit rushed, but still good.

Same here Mate...same here...the Sound of the Warthog is just sad...i feel like i sit on a ATV Bike...

Armor...well...i thought this since the first Pictures got online...you know, when you update or modify the Firmware of a Android Tablet or Phone, it get´s also a bigger Screen and a better CPU...yeah...EPIC FAIL i would say.
And then Nanobots just redesign the Armor. Right...

I can live with the Ammo and the Rest, Multiplayer still awesome, but a little unbalanced. Very unbalanced when i play, because i was surprised how good i am with the Sniper Rifle at a Time.

The Mantis is one of the biggest Pains, okay for Single Player, but in the MP he is very hard to bring down if you are not a Pro or you know what Weapons work best against that Mech.

But, the biggest Pain off all is: HOW THE HELL DID THE GUY SURVIVED A NUKE EXPLOSION FROM POINT BLANK??? AND WHY IS CORTANA IN LIFE SIZE AFTER THAT???

But, the biggest Pain off all is: HOW THE HELL DID THE GUY SURVIVED A NUKE EXPLOSION FROM POINT BLANK??? AND WHY IS CORTANA IN LIFE SIZE AFTER THAT???

I did some reading a few days ago wondering the same thing, and supposedly cortana created a hard light box around him to protect him, and she created herself in hard light so she could touch him.

It was not just that. They original "programming" that ultimately created Master Chief, also created the original Spartans. As for the Didact, I do not believe that he is truly dead... it just seemed a little easy.

Remember, the Covenant. Their story was never fully explained in CE, nor were the Flood...
But they were explained fully in Halo 3.

But they were explained fully in Halo 3.

The covenant or the flood? Flood has never been fully explained in popular media. If I'm right I remember seeing that the flood ....Well Idk if its true or not, but I'll leave out a detail to keep it somewhat spoiler free... The flood started out as a bio weapon that the precursors developed, and used on themselves. The covenant started as a type of alliance between the elites and prophets, both revered forerunners in high light and sought after well "enlightenment." Other races followed apparently. And we all know how that one ended, or didn't in this case.

I personally liked that mad rush for a fallen eniemies weapon cause I was out of ammo, made everything a bit more frantic... As for Armor, I read somewhere else that in Halo: Grasslands, someone says that the armor has built in nano bots that continually maintain and upgrade it... Thats just what I read, I was happy with the idea cortanna upgraded it, but then was unsure why the spartans in the Prologue had the same armor, it would have been easier I think fro 343 to say, we wanted to change the armor for our new art style... So we did.

Going back to the original post, I dont think we have seent he last of Cortanna or the Didact, both are far to important to kill off... Cortanna could be lost in the forerunner network, and the Didact, well he is badass so lets just assume he will be back, after all he did fall into the composer, so maybe he is just data, floating around looking for a host... I don't know, thats blind speculation... In all, I liked the whole new direction 343 took Halo, yes even the more COD feel, and I hate COD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back