Halo 4 Marine Armor Build [Picture Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squireyoung117

During my first play through of Halo 4 the new Marine Armor, specifically the white helmeted troops, really stuck out to me. I decided that for my first build I would want to try and replicate the armor they use to the best of my ability.

Using pics of the armor as reference I tried to see what I could purchase to match it, and what I would have to build.
url

I found that StonyProps made a pep file of the helmet and had it available so I purchased that as the start.
IMG_1154_zpsde59f6e8.jpg

In game the Marines have a gold visor attached to the helmet. I found a pair of yellow ballistic glasses that matched the shape closely enough, but I did not attach them.
IMG_1155_zps7a8abdce.jpg

I next found a MOLLE plate vest that looked close to what I needed and left the bottom flap open to cover my stomach.
IMG_1160_zps3218fc3d.jpg

I went with the Damascus Forearm Guards (The same as they used in the Forward Unto Dawn Movie), and ballistic tactical gloves that almost perfectly matched the in-game counterparts.
IMG_1161_zps0ef4f808.jpg

I decided to make the shoulders, elbow guards, knee pads, and boots out of EVA foam mats. Once I had the shape I coated them with plast-dip then applied the same paints used for the helmet to keep it consistent. Keeping in mind that this is my first attempt, any suggestions?
IMG_1162_zps26cc5ea1.jpg

IMG_1163_zps4607dc5c.jpg

IMG_1164_zps5d06eb0a.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do, but any suggestions to help improve my methods or current items would be great! I have olive green BDU's to go underneath these, but as of now it is too dam hot in my apartment to wear them with the vest and helmet lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1154_zpsde59f6e8.jpg
    IMG_1154_zpsde59f6e8.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,459
  • IMG_1160_zps3218fc3d.jpg
    IMG_1160_zps3218fc3d.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,618
  • IMG_1155_zps7a8abdce.jpg
    IMG_1155_zps7a8abdce.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_1161_zps0ef4f808.jpg
    IMG_1161_zps0ef4f808.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1162_zps26cc5ea1.jpg
    IMG_1162_zps26cc5ea1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1163_zps4607dc5c.jpg
    IMG_1163_zps4607dc5c.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1164_zps5d06eb0a.jpg
    IMG_1164_zps5d06eb0a.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 240
This is a fine looking helmet you made man :)
Keep up the good work.
Sorry no suggestions as of yet from me

This is a fine looking helmet you made man :)
Keep up the good work.
Sorry no suggestions as of yet from me

I should clarify, StonyProps did not sell me the pep file of the helmet, but the helmet itself. They had it available through their Etsy page. Other than the helmet, the rest is what I am acquiring or building.

Looking good so far. What brand of MOLLE carrier are you using?

I like the look with the ballistic glasses. I know that there are Emerson FAST helmets that have integrated visors. You may be able to incorporate a replacement visor for one of those (though I've only ever seen them in clear, but they probably offer yellow as well).

Keep it up!

Looking good so far. What brand of MOLLE carrier are you using?

I like the look with the ballistic glasses. I know that there are Emerson FAST helmets that have integrated visors. You may be able to incorporate a replacement visor for one of those (though I've only ever seen them in clear, but they probably offer yellow as well).

Keep it up!

Im using the coyote brown MOLLE Modular Tactical SAPI Plate Carrier Vest. I tried one of the airsoft ones, but it didnt have the right shape.

I know what you mean by the Marine's white armor looking awesome. Can't wait to see the completion

Nice job the whole set up is looking great, I got one of those Marine helmets but I still need to paint it

that's really impressive I have never seen a halo 4 marine costume until JUST NOW, that's very impressive and I would love to see the suit finished and in a convention, parade, or even in one of the videos I'm making.

The helmet turned out great! I am trying to build a UNSC trooper armor set, I'm just not sure what to use as far as the under vest portion goes and I cannot find a pep file for the abdominal plate. Any suggestions?

The helmet turned out great! I am trying to build a UNSC trooper armor set, I'm just not sure what to use as far as the under vest portion goes and I cannot find a pep file for the abdominal plate. Any suggestions?

I've tried to make it clear that I didn't make the helmet, but for the abdominal plate for the trooper armor, I would do a search for an image and make it out of EVA foam. That is what I am doing for my boots and my shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back