Halo 4 Mark V helmet visor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revanchist47

I'm currently working on Caboose's Halo 4 armor, and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for the helmet visor. Most of what I see are flat screens curved to fit the helmet, but I want more of the slightly domed look from the game. I would also appreciate any suggestions for coloring/tinting the visor, as I have never ettempted something along these lines before.
Caboose_S13_PSA.png
caboose_in_halo_4_by_kattalnuva_d5wrh57-fullview.jpg

I'm currently working on Caboose's Halo 4 armor, and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for the helmet visor. Most of what I see are flat screens curved to fit the helmet, but I want more of the slightly domed look from the game. I would also appreciate any suggestions for coloring/tinting the visor, as I have never ettempted something along these lines before.View attachment 303517View attachment 303518
Look forward to seeing your work! If you're able to create the dome shape as a puck then it could be vacuum formed however due to the simplicity of it I think you could just heat it and pull it over the puck manually without the use of a vacuum former. For the tint I recommend spraying the inside with silver window tint lightly to get a matte effect then spray a translucent brown/red-ish colour to get the colour correct. Don't recommend anything like super metallic window tint that's usually applied like vinyl as it will not give the halo 4 visor look if that's what you want. Good crafting!

I'm currently working on Caboose's Halo 4 armor, and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for the helmet visor. Most of what I see are flat screens curved to fit the helmet, but I want more of the slightly domed look from the game. I would also appreciate any suggestions for coloring/tinting the visor, as I have never ettempted something along these lines before.
If you are looking to build it yourself you can vacuum form it or do do the manual pull like A Frosted Bond said. If you are looking to purchase I'd recommend BranfuhrStudios, they make some wonderful stuff, but you have to make sure their scale fits your helmet.

I have seen others use 3L bottle from dollar tree as a cheaper way and also I have seen others buy motorcycle visors, there are some etsy stores selling visors for halo, I was looking through the forum for info ODST Visor Forms, that's one I found. I think vacuum forming would be a good way also...... here's another thread talking about Visors Visors

As others have pointed out, it depends on if you are doing it yourself or are open to buying a cast or a visor from another member.

If you are doing it yourself and are intimidated by the prospect of vacuuming forming your own Visor, a trick for the Mark V Convex/Domed visor is to look for Scooter Bubble Visors. Often called a "3 Snap Bubble Visor." I used them for many of my original Halo: CE Mark V helmets I made myself, ( until I upgraded and got a BranfuhrStudios helmet and visor.)

When I used them back in around 2010 I would double them up with the orange bubble visor on the outside and then a mirro silver one, either bubble scooter or standard flat motorcyle, on the inside.

Now that we have learned all these techniques for making mirrored visors, if I did it again I would still get one of the translucent orange/yellow ones and hit the INSIDE with a light mist of a chrome paint, like Alclad or SpazStix.

599d4f153094d95a039dce3b-large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back