Halo 4 ODST MKII forearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to build an ODST mkii and after doing the search i only found 1 build in the first 10 pages that used the actual halo 4 forearms. What is the trick to getting these things to form and build straight? Do you cut out the foam by the templates then bevel every little joint or do you cut everything into individual panels and bevel and form them that way?

I've found personally that beveling is easier for me when first cutting the piece out of the foam. I've not attempted the halo 4 ODST II forearms, but as with any other piece, take it slow and careful. Otherwise you'll get sloppy results.

Post progress pictures here on the forum and many of us will be able to help you out and give pointers. Just remember to not lose motivation. That's the hardest part of all sometimes.

Keep us posted!

so after a little bit of taking my time and going slow here is a side by side of the first attempt versus the second. first on left second on right

38720654_1983687578589696_2953903829868871680_n.jpg

the second attempt has a better job of beveling all the edges where pieces joined or folded leaving a better joint that was more true to the correct shape but is a little off as the front should have a slight point in it that is not easily seen and the back should be opened up a little more but all in all if i can get the other side to match i will be happy to just seal them up with the dap after a little finesse on a couple edges and adding some contour to others with some minor sanding followed by heat sealing them.

Second is looking better than the first, and it looks way great. A little sanding and aiming, you'll be all set!

left and right forearms done just need to trim up and even everything up and smooth and seal the joints. then onto the elbows
38797498_723118281366836_421248944987701248_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back