Halo 4 recon helmet Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nif Ordo

Hey guys I started the process of printing the Halo 4 Recon helmet using these file Halo Recon Helmet Revision 1 by Jace1969 but i sliced them down to fit my printer a little better. After doing so I realized that the visor area had some issues. Though they're real minor I don't want a pointed edge right next to my eye so my question being is there anyone who could help me resolve this issues or at least point me in the right direction of doing it myself.

Hey guys I started the process of printing the Halo 4 Recon helmet using these file Halo Recon Helmet Revision 1 by Jace1969 but i sliced them down to fit my printer a little better. After doing so I realized that the visor area had some issues. Though they're real minor I don't want a pointed edge right next to my eye so my question being is there anyone who could help me resolve this issues or at least point me in the right direction of doing it myself.

Without seeing the way that you broke the model up for slicing I can't really comment on if it's wacky geometry on the original model, the slicer software you're using or the print settings you have for the pieces but I'm hoping it's just a funny artifact from the way you broke the model up. If it is like I'm hoping you can check your .stl file on Meshmixer and manipulate the geometry to remove the sharp point.

What program did you use to break up the helmet for your print bed? I've had issues with wonky geometry from files people have supplied me from SketchUp where faces reversed causing sharp edges. I've also had the Student/Educator version of Fusion 360 include the canvas in the exported stl causing a zero-thickness plane of headache to show up on a model.

Any images or information about the workflow and settings you have might help in debugging so just throw down whatever you think might be useful information!

Without seeing the way that you broke the model up for slicing I can't really comment on if it's wacky geometry on the original model, the slicer software you're using or the print settings you have for the pieces but I'm hoping it's just a funny artifact from the way you broke the model up. If it is like I'm hoping you can check your .stl file on Meshmixer and manipulate the geometry to remove the sharp point.

What program did you use to break up the helmet for your print bed? I've had issues with wonky geometry from files people have supplied me from SketchUp where faces reversed causing sharp edges. I've also had the Student/Educator version of Fusion 360 include the canvas in the exported stl causing a zero-thickness plane of headache to show up on a model.

Any images or information about the workflow and settings you have might help in debugging so just throw down whatever you think might be useful information!
I tried to upload the file with the issue here but it wouldn't let me so ppl could see the issue but the issues is in the orginal file that why I linked. I just noticed it after slicing it with Meshmixed. Like if you go to the link and click on thingyview and look into the left side of the vizor slit you can see what im talking about.

I see it, it looks like some funky geometry in the file itself. Almost like the original creator accidentally clicked on a single point, and drug it into the helmet. I'm not experienced enough to correct it, but I see exactly where you're talking about. Inside the helmet, left side, at the corner of the visor opening.

-Matt

I was able to segrigate out the helmet part, cut it in half and gave it a mirror effect which fixed your issue. Since you have to cut it up for the print bed, do you want me to upload that?

Also, a side note, This file looks awfully a-lot like
  • halo-4-mjolnir-gen2-recon-helmet.pdo
    Modeler: monkeyfuj Unfolder: crazydav0
In the Armory.

Untitled2.png
Untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back