Halo 4 Tracker helmet in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdtron99

Hi everybody! so i started to teach my self on how to use sketchup (IF THERE'S ANYBODY OUT THERE ON THIS FORUM THAT USES SKETCHUP PLEASE HELP ME OUT) and i decided that my "baby step project" would be the h4 tracker helmet! so here's what i have so far

tracker_zps3b419b1d.jpg

Attachments

• tracker_zps3b419b1d.jpg
    tracker_zps3b419b1d.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 300
One tip with Sketchup; later on down the line, when you're ready to export the model to Pepakura, you're going to want to make sure the faces are all oriented the same. For example, in your picture, part of the model is white and part of the model is light blue, you're going to want a uniform color on the outside (in this case, white). To do this, right click on the face you wish to invert, and select "Reverse Faces." If you have a mixture of faces on one side of the model, it will affect the Pepakura model.

bit of an update, finished the eyes and got part of the top done. i know it's not accurate at all but i don't see anybody else working on it.
tracker2_zpsa74da2cf.jpg
besides, this is my first time modeling a helmet (don't judge me, lol)

Attachments

• tracker2_zpsa74da2cf.jpg
    tracker2_zpsa74da2cf.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 268
Hey man, love the helmet. Can't wait to see how this works. Don't sweat the accuracy. Just take ur time and it will end up fine. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with sketchup. Too bad it's not solid works... anywho, good luck and keep on truckin'!

Fudz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back