Halo 4 undersuit (undecided on armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendy

I actually started this project over the summer. I have next to no experience sewing but my grandma does embroidery work. Since I only see her during breaks the progress is slow. Essentially she made a single piece suit; similar to a morph suit. I cut out different sections of foam and covered them in fabric, which she then sewed on. The texture comes from covering the pieces in mesh and spraying them with a textured krylon paint. Armor will come eventually. Progress just depends on free time with school.

8359495071_c9382abaf7.jpg

8360450898_db9bce832f.jpg

8360444588_0de3ddf13e.jpg

8359386183_3f40879ab1.jpg

8359384567_4a1f5773ce.jpg

awesome! your way of doing it seems to be the way to go, for the halo 4 undersuit. and from the results, it obviously works.
a suggestion if i may, i think you should for your next progress update include more pics on the stages of the process that you described at the start. that'd be very helpful to a lot of people. keep up the amazing work!

CrazyDav0 :)

Well hello there. Totally following this thread. I'm curious to see how your undersuit turns out. I may copy this in the future. D=

This looks insanely good so far, making armour to go of the top almost seems like a waste lol.
Definitely subscribing to this one, great work!

this has to be the most amazing undersuit I have seen thus far anywhere. amazing job on this. love how the texture worked out for you and how similar it looks to the render. Subbed!

Okay, that is probably the best looking undersuit I have ever seen. Dude, with that kind of skill, you and your grandma could make some big bucks.

Though, if I might ask, could you post a larger picture of the exo-suit?

This is by far the BEST under suit out there. It's funny how even as an adult we can all still get schooled by grandma. :)

Wow!!! This is Fantastic.... deffinetly subscribing, I also second the request for a tutorial on how you did this...

Keep up the awesomeness

Chris

Very cool - if you could share templates for the foam patterns that would be awesome!

Great looking undersuit! What kind of foam did you use and was the fabric glued on in any way before it was sewn onto the suit? This is the same format I was planning on using for my undersuit, except I will be using thinner more sheet-like foam since this is a Reach undersuit.

Thats pretty incredible! The undersuit is absolutely critical in the new GEN2 suits so this is a great start. One question though, what foam did you use under the fabric and how did you shape it?

Very impressive work so far!

I'm attempting to build real life muscles to fit into the undersuit, but I'm very tempted to go down your path :)

I too would like some more progress pics and details about the construction of the suit!

Well like everyone before me has stated, this under-suit is awesome. Having any ideas on what armor you'd like to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back