Halo 4 Warrior Helmet Build ( need a bit of help pls )

Status
Not open for further replies.
WolfsParadise5 , where are u currently living in? JB? Like what Kristoffer recommended, for paper it would be best to play with cardstock of GSM 200 and above, I used 250 for my build. Any thing lesser it might be too flimsy to work with.

Last edited:
That didnt go too well . There are like one or two pieces that came apart like the middle top portion of the visor. I probably rushed some parts a bit cous my sister randomly called saying she crashed her car again ( four times in a month wtf ) , at least shes okay .

Some even look like they dont have resin on it despite having resin applied multiple times . But can feel the resin there. But other than the middle top portion of the visor , the bottom part have one to two pieces broke off and the top part being heavier than the other parts of the helmet . It looks kinda great .

But lol for a helmet I folded while in Indonesia and survived being badly squashed in check in luggage , it still looked rather decent .

Anyways , I got in contact with my old schoolmates that moved to Singapore to help me get the kansai putty BeeBoy suggested to get . Should be here by next week hopefully.

That didnt go too well . There are like one or two pieces that came apart like the middle top portion of the visor. I probably rushed some parts a bit cous my sister randomly called saying she crashed her car again ( four times in a month wtf ) , at least shes okay .

Some even look like they dont have resin on it despite having resin applied multiple times . But can feel the resin there. But other than the middle top portion of the visor , the bottom part have one to two pieces broke off and the top part being heavier than the other parts of the helmet . It looks kinda great .

But lol for a helmet I folded while in Indonesia and survived being badly squashed in check in luggage , it still looked rather decent .

Anyways , I got in contact with my old schoolmates that moved to Singapore to help me get the kansai putty BeeBoy suggested to get . Should be here by next week hopefully.

View attachment 270209View attachment 270210View attachment 270211View attachment 270208
Hmmmm with the crushed surface u might need a lot of putty and work to get it to the correct shape unless you are happy with the look currently.

A chance to make a new one haha

Hmmmm with the crushed surface u might need a lot of putty and work to get it to the correct shape unless you are happy with the look currently.

A chance to make a new one haha
Yep , can easily say that im glad of how the shape turned out the way im satisfied of . I was already planning to buy plenty of putty for more attempts lol .

But yea even if i do finish this helmet , ill definitely make another one , at least after my partial scholarship for uni kicks in .

Yep , can easily say that im glad of how the shape turned out the way im satisfied of . I was already planning to buy plenty of putty for more attempts lol .

But yea even if i do finish this helmet , ill definitely make another one , at least after my partial scholarship for uni kicks in .
WWAAAAIIIIITT!!! Even though you may need to use a lot of putty, do NOT apply that much onto it. Do light layers at a time and sand it into a rough shape, and if needed, add more. I am still sanding my helmet I made months ago because I added too much.:whistle:

Ok update time. Sorry that took a while . Had plenty of computers to fix lately.

So I did my digging around Singapore for the Kansai Poly Putty recommended by Beeboy , couldn't get my hands on one because pretty much all the hardware store I went was out of stock . Also how some of the hardware shops on google maps that lead me to housing estate ????? Damn .

Anyways I resorted in the Mecury Hitary Putty 928 which turned out to be rather okay for the price I think at RM30 ( ~USD 7 ) . When I was about to apply on it , I realised that I may have applied the wrong fiberglass resin mix , because I just realise mine turned out to be a clear mixture instead of a brown-ish mixture ??? Funny how that didn't dry even after two weeks later and eventually the entire helmet got warped pretty badly ( looks squashed actually lol ) .

And yes , at this point I have already another one in progress . Hopefully that will go on well . Tho development may be slower because university is starting in a few days .

I'll send pictures of the one in progress once its done ( hopefully ) . But it definitely feels more sturdy with the same colour scheme lul. Definitely not giving up on this one yet .

Attachments

• helmet fail_1.jpg
    helmet fail_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 337
  • helmet fail_2.jpg
    helmet fail_2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 316
  • helmet fail_3.jpg
    helmet fail_3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
Nooooo! D: I cant beleive this happend! This is why you always test anything on a scrap. I am so sorry this was sooo good too... props to you for keeping the dream alive though. I would have quit if that happened to me. Remaking a pepakura is the worst.

Dude. I'm sorry that happened, that's terrible!

Keep going, though! You'll get it! Be careful with your pepakura as any imperfection in the pep magnifies through the next few steps and makes for a difficult time with finishing.

And now may I show you , the rebuild helmet ! ( same colour scheme cous white is three times more expensive for some reason and only available at 216gsm minimum ) .

Some parts got a lil smudgy and the front pink piece did not exactly fit . But hey , this feels a bit more sturdy for some reason. So that's, that.... Fiberglassing , maybe on my next semester break for now .

Yes! Just make sure you reinforce the inside with popsicle sticks or something so it doesnt have in, and get the outside to be the perfect shape before/when you resin. This will save you alot of time in the long run. Also test out some peices with the new resin so the same problem doesnt happen again. I am sooo glad you are getting this done! It is gonna be amazing!

Yes! Just make sure you reinforce the inside with popsicle sticks or something so it doesnt have in, and get the outside to be the perfect shape before/when you resin. This will save you alot of time in the long run. Also test out some peices with the new resin so the same problem doesnt happen again. I am sooo glad you are getting this done! It is gonna be amazing!
Me too , I thought I was gonna give up ( tho my room at college is a lil too small ) . But hey , I still have to research for another fiberglass resin since the 3m ones dont exists here lmaoo. Since I'm much closer to the main city , I guess it's not too much of a problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back