Props Halo 5 BoomCo Pistol Paintjob

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverseflash

So I've posted a few threads a long time ago but never followed up or completed the project. THIS one I will. I plan to make a SPI armor suit, and to come with it, I will be painting up this BoomCo pistol. I will post images of my progress; this is my second time modifying a weapon.

IMG_20180806_163234953.jpg

I recently bought two before Toys R Us went bust. I would be interested to know what kind of paints you're using.

I recently bought two before Toys R Us went bust. I would be interested to know what kind of paints you're using.
I'm using rust-oleum brand paints. Probably a satin black for the handle (may do matte if i dont like the look), and a metallic satin nickel for the yellow portions (classic halo 3 color style). If i feel its boring, I may darken the laser sight "shroud", and will add a colored stripe Reach style

Nah I was more of wondering if you needed to gut it or anything? I mess around with them and want to paint mine up and was wondering if not gutting the internals messed it up any.

Nah I was more of wondering if you needed to gut it or anything? I mess around with them and want to paint mine up and was wondering if not gutting the internals messed it up any.
Ah as in like modifications to the internals to shoot better and whatnot? I didn't personally do that, except removing that top slide portion. There are videos online to mod the vuts though and it seems relatively simple

As long as I get the spring iside that top rail back into it's little slot on the removed slide (and I can with an exacto knife) it'll be back in working order

Ah as in like modifications to the internals to shoot better and whatnot? I didn't personally do that, except removing that top slide portion. There are videos online to mod the vuts though and it seems relatively simple

I've gutted mine. But I haven't putted it back together. I'm trying to rig up a removable magazine, and hopefully I can get the slide working again. But since it's a prop, I don't want it to shoot darts. It's the same exact magnum as this one. And power to ya for knocking off the branding. I see so many repaints where they leave the markings on and I'm like "What's the point of painting it if you leave "Halo" on the side?!"

And I'm really interested in that SPI. I don't believe I've seen anyone build a set before!

I've gutted mine. But I haven't putted it back together. I'm trying to rig up a removable magazine, and hopefully I can get the slide working again. But since it's a prop, I don't want it to shoot darts. It's the same exact magnum as this one. And power to ya for knocking off the branding. I see so many repaints where they leave the markings on and I'm like "What's the point of painting it if you leave "Halo" on the side?!"
Exactly! I wasn't able to get all the Boomco part off, but it just looks so wrong. Unless the UNSC got desperate enough for funds that they got a brand deal

I have a cheaper dremel-style tool that I use. It isn't super powerful, but there is less propensity for taking off more material than I want. I'd like to invest in a "real" dremel at some point.

Looking good so far! I’ve been wanting to repaint one of my magnums, curious to see how yours turns out as well!

Applied a coat of satin nickel. It came out a lot more "sparkly" than I thought but I'm.hoping it'll flatten out while drying, and if not just do heavy weathering. Then I'll tape it off and do satin black for the handle and dart holder (if I don't like it I'll just do a matte black coat over it)

IMG_20180810_140403219.jpg

IMG_20180810_140423743.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back