Halo 5 Master Chief story discussion *Possible Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

So i'm Herring that in halo 5 that chief dies and his son takes his place i want to know what you guys think about this I've only heard roomers and also that his son also hast to get his armor any thoughts?-Data

I don't know where you heard this rumor from, but no spartan(II,III, or IV) has any records of any children. Also, none of them would've had any time to reproduce, as with the IIs the covenant war happened too quickly, and almost all of the IIIs were killed in action before they reached 18. In additions, a decreased sex drive was a side effect with the spartan IIs(though not all were affected) and IIIs were completely infertile(as said by Dr. Halsey in Glasslands).

On a side note, I believe this post should be in the "Halo Universe" sub forum.

Good question but wrong section. Next time post a question like this in the general discussion.

But to answer the question nobody knows. The only thing we know is what we saw in the trailer and that cortana might be human. Therefore, making a son quite possible. I heard that from this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria, a Spartan II washout who still has the bones and such to test the Mjolnir systems has a family.

I doubt 343 would take that bigger move from the established game and mythos 2bh...

Thats not to say it doesnt have some merit, but does seem to go against everything the Chief was trained as since 6yrs old... theres still plenty that still can happen (uprising of the insurrection, the elite civil war from the kilo 5 trilogy, the possibility of the diadects return, not to mention whatever was happening in the E3 vid from this year) - without fast forwarding 20 yrs.

As for cortana, she was created from halseys flash cloned brain, and only 1 from the 10 worked - creating the first "cortana model" (she refrences that at the end of halo 4 which might be pointing to a new "cortana" somehow) now unless that is somehow linked to her being real (proper halsey clone anyone?) I doubt that is the case - shes likened to a young halsey in all the books as opposed a unique individual.

That said i do remember somewhere that cortana had a "sister" with a similar name, i forget where i read it from but i seem to remember she was like a Beta testing version,or Basic model, before they created the proper AI With all the code they wanted incorperated.

Like i said in another post, im sure 343 have something pretty impressive up there sleeve (new console, new benchmark) - and ill put 10 to a penny that nobody will guess whats coming before its released :)

that would be it ferret but aren't we forgetting one little thing, there's a bigger threat then the forerunners that made them use the ring's and it wasn't the flood that did it. it was the precursor's they maybe around still. and if so what new tech will we fight against?

very interesting guys i think if they wanted clones of Spartans they could get them but i didn't know about the more advanced race the forerunners used the halo on i always thought it was the flood and one thing most people forget is the bird thing in the halo 5 preview that could give a clue into more boss battles but i don't know why 343 would show us that

well if you think about it halo is in the long future and we have cloning now so why couldn't they

very interesting guys i think if they wanted clones of Spartans they could get them but i didn't know about the more advanced race the forerunners used the halo on i always thought it was the flood and one thing most people forget is the bird thing in the halo 5 preview that could give a clue into more boss battles but i don't know why 343 would show us that
You realize spartans were cloned to stop people from asking where 150 6 year olds went right? They died later on in life at young ages. Also this can`t be probable master chief has no sex drive, no social skills, and why would his son get his armor? Tell us where you got this ridiculous rumor.

well if you think about it halo is in the long future and we have cloning now so why couldn't they

They do have cloning technology in the Halo world, and it works much the same way it does now. Meaning that if you cloned a 40 year old John 117, you wouldn't get an exact copy of a 40 year old John, you'd get a baby with the same genetic make up as John. As Monster mentioned, Halsey flash-cloned all the Spartan II candidates to replace them and draw no suspicion. These clones were created the same way, but given a genetic trait that would cause them to grow faster, aging 6 years in a matter of months. This caused problems, however, and most of the clones died shortly after.

Edit: Check that, age 6 years in a matter of weeks. Flash cloning causes the subject to age 100 times faster than normal.

What if Master Chef wasn't in that suit. What if they were just trying to track Mendicant Bias to resurrect Cortana.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

What if Master Chef wasn't in that suit. What if they were just trying to track Mendicant Bias to resurrect Cortana.

Why would any one else be in that suit? Its and outdated suit all newer spartans have been assigned mk 7 and above armor.

Exactly my point. Every game has a new armor so it would make sense. Anyway however it pans out the knowns are multiple worlds to travel to and special loadouts before leaving his ship. Maybe special armor permutations for each world and terrain. I can dream.....

hang on a sec... he could use the old armor shell. but all the shield emitters, motion tracker, power source, and armor abilities could have been put into his armor, I mean why change the look when you can just have new tech.

Dude, whoever you've been hearing that from needs a swift kick to the head, because first of all, Spartans never die, and second, how in the hell would Chief have a son? Almost all Spartans are pretty much infertile, and who would possibly bear his child? Cortana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back