Halo 5 Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it normally take someone to make a full suit with foam if they work consistently on it?
Consistantly, by putting in a few hours or more, everyday with little breaks, you could do it in a couple months or shorter! Depending on the complexity of the armor, and how much detail you put into it, it will more than likely take more time. You can also think of bad weather, work, family things, and digging and looking at references and resources, it could take you up to six months at the most, by consistantly working. It took me three years to build my suit because I procrastinated constantly, and never touched it during the school year, and rather than working on it, I would look at pictures of the armor and goggle over other peoples suits. If you have never done this before, I would recommend by reading as much material as you can to learn the ropes, and go through the tutorial section. If you keep your head down and working, and your mind on track, you will have this done in no time!

So for the pepakura prints for parts like the Armor how big do people normally print those pages or do they print them on normal size paper and just resize them?

You have to measure your body to scale the pieces. There is also a program called armorsmith that works well for scaling. It has a 3D avatar that you place the parts on and scale from there. Print on regular paper. The scaling, set up, and prep is a ton of the time it takes to make this stuff. I agree that you should watch or read as much tutorial stuff as you can to get a basic idea of what is going to be happening, and be prepared to have to re work things. But otherwise work at it when you can and you will be done before you know. Good luck!

To scale, you could also take a ruler and measure a straight line to find the distance from your nose to back of head, bottom of head(chin?) To top of head, and ear to ear. Then use these measurements to scale the helmet in pepakura but add an inch or two to give room to wear it, and use the measure distance between two points and double check the size from ear to ear, etc. inside the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back