Halo: Combat Evolved Mark V Armor. Feedback request on WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowofMagnus

So, I decided to try and model the original version of Mark V Mjolnir armor. I've come quite far in the project, only missing the shins, boots, and helmet. I was wondering if I could get feedback on how it looks all together if possible. It is currently sized to me

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 245
So, I decided to try and model the original version of Mark V Mjolnir armor. I've come quite far in the project, only missing the shins, boots, and helmet. I was wondering if I could get feedback on how it looks all together if possible. It is currently sized to me
With cutouts for lights and everything? Now that's pretty nifty.

Well, sort of. I'm not good at electronics so I leave the cutouts with surface to put some reflective tape in it, but I can make a version with full cutouts pretty easily. Of other note, I have to say fusion 360 really doesn't like trying to shell these
True facts about Fusion having issues with the Shell command after a certain level of complexity is reached on a body. I've recently changed how I approach designing helmets and armour pieces to make better use of the Thicken command in the Forms workspace since it's more reliable than shelling out a body.

Alright, after a few days I am very happy to announce that I have completed the helmet. It is wearable, but I had to shell it outside of Fusion 360 as it became too complex for it. I've also changed the forearms as well. I have begun printing pieces of the armor and completed a couple, will post pictures as the helmet is finished. The white pieces in the full armor pic are altered from before

Attachments

• Helmet on Body.jpeg
    Helmet on Body.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Helmet Front .png
    Helmet Front .png
    693.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Helmet Profile view.png
    Helmet Profile view.png
    728.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Mark V Helmet v41.png
    Mark V Helmet v41.png